Dog2K

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We broke the 2,000 member mark last night. We aren't even on the radar as far as size goes with the other knife forums and that is fine. It's not just about size.

We have a pretty good bunch here and we haven't had that many growing pains. There are going to be differences of opinions and the occasional flare up but that is normal and to be expected. It's how they are handled and reacted to that is important.

We remain committed to being professional, friendly, "G" rated and focused exclusively on the knife industry.

As we grow there will be an increasing call for diversity of other interest forums. I may be painting myself in a corner here but we are going to keep it to just knife related forums if you don't mind.

We have already paid for the next vbulletin version upgrade which has been released. We are waiting on 2 plug in's (extra programs) to be upgraded to the new 4.0 version and then we will upgrade the software. Hopefully it won't be too painful.

We are in Knives Illustrated and Blade Magazine and soon to be Knifeworld (if I can manage to make the time). We will continue to advertise to build our base membership with more quality members.

We will have a booth at Blade Show this year along with 3 or 4 others in one big dog pound.

Not bad since our Sept 1 opening.

We are in this together.

Thanks and have a great new year KnifeDogs..
t

I for one am thoughly enjoying the Knifedogs forums. The quality of people here is second to none. The management is Top Notch!

Tracy, Thanks for everything you do for us all. I know you must be putting in endless hours while we are all nestled in our warm beds and I imagine you dont get the thanks you really deserve.

My hope for the new year is your business prospours in 2010 so much that the thanks you deserve comes your way in the form of finacial blessings.

Have a great New Year BossDog!

Tracy,

I really like the way things roll around here. Yes we are all different and have our own opinions but the level of respect remains the same.

Its a great place for makers to discuss there blades and there experience. At the same time offering advice/tips/tricks of the trade for us new guys.

Also a forum for collectors to buy, sell and share there collections. Its an all around blade forum and this is why I frequent the site more than most.

I just need to upgrade my membership soon2thumbs

Heres to the new year and congrats T for building a site with so much knowledge and advice for all things blades!

Rock on KDrockon

Chris

Who let the dogs out?!?! Knife Dogs Forum and now the pack in on the move. Look out Atlanta cause the pound is going to take BLADE by storm!!!!!

Thanks Tracy for a great forum!! And thanks to all the founders. One more thanks to all the members.

My home away from ho.....wait Im in my living room. Well you guys know what I mean.

Best forum on the web IMHO.

Sean

luvsite1 Thanks Boss for having started this forum...May "KnifeDogs" grow and still maintain the high standards which are now in place.

Happy New Year to ALL! luvsite1

Thanks Boss for giving us a great place to hang out. I started a new job a few weeks ago and it has kept me busy so, I haven't been checking in as much as I would like. I have to agree with the other guys, I think we have a quality group of people here.

Bruce

Boss, congratulations on hitting 2000 and a very Happy New Year to you and all the dogs that make this place what it is. 2010 is gonna rock!

"2000", wow it seems like yesterday I was creating my account here. A few years ago I joined my first knife forum. In the few months prior to my last deployment to Iraq I had several post on that forum and could only get a half dozen or so responses to all of my questions. The guys there made me feel like I had the plague.

After returning home I joined another forum where I received a much better response to my participation and ultimately it is where I made the aquaintance of Boss when I posted a question about belts. Boss was extremely helpfull in answering my questions and providing guidance. I was a bit skeptical about joining a new forum when I noticed his ad on his homepage and noticed there were very few people joining. A week or so later I created my account here and haven't looked back.

Since joining KD, I've found very little need or interest in participating in other forums. This place has become my home on the internet. If you ask my wife, it is my home. There are very few of you that I have had the opportunity to meet or speak to outside of the forum. Those I have had the opportunity to speak to or meet I feel as though have become instant friends.

On other forums I have made aquaintances, on KD we have created a community of friends and family. Our size will continue to grow as time passes, but I feel that as our numbers multiply so will the size of our community. KD was founded for all of the right reasons. As long as we as members of this community keep these reasons at heart KD will be the most successfull knife focused forum on the internet.

Thank you fellow Knife Dogs for allowing us to be the community we have grown to be. I look forward to continueing my participation in 2010 and on into the future. Though I do not own a crystal ball, nor is my middle name "Nostradamus", I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express once or twice (but it wasn't last night), I would like to make a prediction for KD and 2010. KD will continue to grow as will MKS, LLC through the beginning of June. After KD takes Blade and Atlanta by storm, both KD and MKS, LLC will explode in numbers and prosperous business. Anyone doubt my prediction??? If so, just wait and see. I can't wait to say, "I told you so".

Thank you for making all of this possible Boss and thank you fellow Knife Dogs for making it happen. I wish you all the very happiest and most prosperous of New Year.

Back