Christmas memories galore- I'll share mine, ya'll share yours

DLBrothers

I had a great time with my family. It started with Santa at home, went to in-laws and continued there.
Highlights for me, besides watching the kids of course, were when I got several knifemaking tools from my lovely bride! Then continued when my sister-in-law beamed over her new kitchen knife I made her (made them for mother and M-I-L last year), then my B-I-L gave me a box of exotic wood blocks he gathered (and a $25 BPS card). Then, I got to be the one to burn the boxes -sounds drab but I got to test out a new knife I made by cutting up 20 or so cardboard boxes into as many little pieces as I could stand....I was pleased with the performance of the ATS-34 blade. It is a "cull" as the grind-lines didn't come out like I wanted but the HT went well apparently. Then, to top off the whole week, my son shot his first deer Monday afternoon! A nice FAT doe. I then used that same test knife, without sharpening since the boxes, to field-dress her to a pleasing result. 2thumbs

What a week! But alas I must get back to work.....all good things must end eventually...cry me a river 1

I had a super Xmas at one of my daughter's !!!!! There were some fine gifts for me especialy one from a grandson who is 20 years old. He wrote on a Xmas card how much he appreciated us being around and to talk to. It is a collectors piece for us. Then, when we got home and checked the mail box, I found a lost package that had 3 of my folders !! Frank

Back