J.McDonald Knives

1080 HC steel
Blade Length: 10"
Blade Width: 1 1/4"
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Overall Length: just over 15"
Guard: Brass
Handle: Olive Green Canvas Micarta

Heat treat is going to be done by Luke Swenson since I aint got my forge fixed back up and have no propane, this is more of a budget friendly knife. I had all the materials laying around and begging to be used. I recently returned from a hog hunting trip and only shot a 50lb Russian boar but my car killed a 250lb Russian boar that I didn't find until next morning when it was already too late but I can tell it didn't suffer and died right away, hit it in the head with my tow bar mount, yes car still survived. I will be sending it out for HT on Monday. Here are the pics, sorry about the quality, they were taken from my cell phone. Probably tweak the handle shape after I get it back from HT. So what do yall think of it?

Attachments

• SSPX1771.jpg
    SSPX1771.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 84
  • SSPX1772.jpg
    SSPX1772.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 62
  • SSPX1774.jpg
    SSPX1774.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 84
  • SSPX1775.jpg
    SSPX1775.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 112
Any suggestions for improvements? I think I have most of them solved.

Look's like it will do the job, JR.2thumbs I hope you are going to mount it in the grill of your car.:duh: Because you are a better shot with your car, than with a gun.2guns HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
LOL I aint got enough bumper left to kill anymore with my car just yet.

Looks like that will work for more than just pigs. About the only thing that I might change would be to put a false edge on it top of the clip. Thanks for sharing.
Curtis

Well I sent it out today right at 11am to swensonknives for HT. I should have it back by beginning of next week.

That's a great looking knife.
Hey I grew up in Corpus great to hear from someone from that part of the country.
Now I live in Oklahoma.

Alex

I grew up in San Antonio and only moved down here about 2 years ago.

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it back. Luke Swenson said he would most likely HT and temper it Wednesday.

Well shes finally done and has RC57-58.

Blade Length - 9 5/8"
Blade Width - 1 3/8"
Thickness - 3/16"
Overall Length - 15"

Attachments

• DSC01696.jpg
    DSC01696.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01697.jpg
    DSC01697.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01698.jpg
    DSC01698.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01699.jpg
    DSC01699.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01700.jpg
    DSC01700.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
It looks like a killer now. I like the straighter clip and the long guard. Sharp too. We need blood next.

You got it bro. Lemme get some gas money and I'll head up to my buddies place 8 hours away. He gave me an open invite to stay at his place on his 1500 acre ranch and he said he would provide the dogs.

Thanks dad. Just like I always do I eyeballed their positions. Can yall see the 2 pins in the guard? I epoxied the guard on and peened the pins.

It looks like a killer now. I like the straighter clip and the long guard. Sharp too. We need blood next.
I'm ready for pigs now.
DSC01701.jpg

Back