So what did ya get?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

JAWilliams

KNIFEMAKER
So what did you get? Post pics and tell about it right here. I got some great stuff that I will post later. Now lets see what ya got you dogs!!!!!! And Merry Christmas!!!!!

I have no idea!!! Nadine and I sat up watching movies all night, so she is still sleeping. I know she got me a new book on Samurai Swords, but all I asked for was a respirator and a supply of filters. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the respirator. She was really upset that a package didn't arrive yesterday. Apparently she is still waiting on my "BIG" present to be delivered.

I'm going to give Nadine another 30 minutes to wake up on her own, then I'm sending in Arashi, Huey, and the arroma of freshly pressed coffee.

Last edited:
A huge set of screwdrivers , since I keep losing them , and a 23 " monitor :)
This beast will make using Adobe Lightroom 2 and Photoshop fun again ( ever since my 19" blew up a month ago I been using a 15" )

Got a new heater for my shop, and a dremel workstation. Oh yeah also go a blue snuggie:) You know you are getting old when about three times an evening you ask your family "do ya'll think its cold in here?"
Merry Christmas all you dogs.
Lets also remember to say a special prayer for all of our service members. They are the reason we can all sit safely in our homes today. I for one am grateful.

Sean

This year my family finally took me seriously. I got sanding belts and gift certificates to the Big Tool Store.Myfamily consists of almost all girls. Wife and two daughters, sister-in-law etc. In years past I ask for knifemaking stuff and get gift cards to various clothing storers. They don't seem to think tools and supplies are "gifty" kind of things:confused:

This year they relented and got me what I wanted. 2thumbs

Bunch of DVDs, two CDs, Glenn Beck's Arguing With Idiots, a pair of ACU Urban Digital Camis, a MOB Tshirt, some Tim McGraw Instant Shower, and the joy of seeing my wife and daughter open their gifts. :D

And I got myself a ZT0350. Think its a bit small for my tastes though. huh1

i got coal yes a 50lb bag of coal LOL from a old man down the street he said you make knives you need coal,but hey i guess now i need a coal forge LOL. i new some day i'd just get some coal for xmas LOL.

i got coal yes a 50lb bag of coal LOL from a old man down the street he said you make knives you need coal,but hey i guess now i need a coal forge LOL. i new some day i'd just get some coal for xmas LOL.

Just think, next year you can put it in the stockings of anyone who's been bad :D.

Merry Christmas everybody!! I got several things to use in the shop such as dust masks, and safety goggles, bar of steel to make a knife or 2 out of and a 3"x3"x3' piece of oak to use for handle material. I 've got 2 weeks off work so I hope to put some it to use in that time.. 2thumbs

UPDATE......

Yep, I got my samurai sword book (a really nice one with lots of pics), a respirator (the one Ed recommended), filters, a new robe, a 6-quart slow cooker (I love to cook), an insulated hot bowl and an insulated salad bowl (for carrying my chow to work), and two bags of decorative rocks that the wife used to weight down the pkg she put the robe in. I still have one present that she won't give me hints on that should be delivered tomorrow. Nadine tells me I'll be happy with it.

My wife let me go pick this up today...

0000_001702_x_935.jpg

a 14" 8 speed bandsaw. it was a great Christmas....

I got the gift of watching my daughters open up the few presents that Santa brought them!!

Money was real tight this year so nothing for the parents. But tax time I am getting us a Wii with Wii fit plus.

Wifie bought me nice tool box for the bench top. Its like one of the high end oak ones but its imported. With all the money we saved I got her a new watch.

Bigern, I got the Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Nadine for Christmas and she loves it. I hate to admit it, but it is a pretty neat toy. I would suggest going ahead and springing for the extra controller. I forgot to get one and it limits multiple player gaming. I'm thinking the base charger and rechargeable batteries for the controllers might be a good idea to save on battery consumption too.

Well I got to watch Roman open packages and Katie got a new video camara. Oh did I mention that I got a J. Neilson neck thorn. I was very good this year.

My Wife and I got a Wii game from my son and my wife gave me a lot of different hot sauces and an 18# Desert Ironwood Log(going to cut it up next week).
All in all a great Christmas as My Son And Grandson were here for Christmas Eve and spen all day.
Also heard from one of my customers in England and from the guy that got my last 2 Knives. He ordered 2 more.

I got a Hen and Rooster slipjoint trapper pattern w/ mother of pearl handles, as my key knife prize of the season. I also got some leather stamps, and a bunch of clothes. Might post pics when I get home after the weekend.

Bigern, I got the Wii and Wii Fit Plus for Nadine for Christmas and she loves it. I hate to admit it, but it is a pretty neat toy. I would suggest going ahead and springing for the extra controller. I forgot to get one and it limits multiple player gaming. I'm thinking the base charger and rechargeable batteries for the controllers might be a good idea to save on battery consumption too.

Yeah my girlfriend wants the Wii fit and for me the racing games and hunting games look kinda fun.

My family got a PS3 from Santa, and I got Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I also got a book called [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Encyclopedia-Knives-Daggers-Bayonets/dp/075481890X"]The World Encyclopedia of Knives, Daggers & Bayonets. [/ame]

Pretty interesting book to show knives from previous centuries and different parts of the world. It sure gives me some good ideas ;)

Back