Big Honkin' English Bowie

I believe it will be awhile before I embark upon another journey like this one. Twelve inch blade and 17 1/4 OAL Sheffield coffin handle bowie. The interframe handle sports ancient Walrus tusk ivory and filed silicone bronze liners.

Christmasknives12-23-09038.jpg

Christmasknives12-23-09017.jpg

Christmasknives12-23-09021.jpg

The blade is a modified ladder-pattern that I call "cardiac" because when I get it right, it looks like an EKG strip. My soft-spoken, dry-humored college stepson knows the proceedure for making this pattern and suggested another variation. He said to ladder-pattern it half-way down the blade then make the line go straight (flat) and call it "cardiac arrest!" I'll save that one for my next big fighter.

Haven't completed many in the last couple months so I thought y'all might enjoy this.

Cheers,

TV

Terry L. Vandeventer
ABS MS

The photos seem to have disappeared. Let's see if I can put them up again.

Christmasknives12-23-09038.jpg

Christmasknives12-23-09017.jpg

Christmasknives12-23-09021.jpg

Hope that makes viewing a little better now. Hope they stay put.

Cheers,

TV

Terry L. Vandeventer
ABS MS

Absolutely beautiful. I mean it. That is wonderful.

If you don't mind me asking, how many hours do you estimate you put into a knife like that?

Charlie

When I get finished wiping the drool from my chin, I may come up with an intelligent opinion to write. Until then, I'll just say, "Wow!!!".

I really need to find time to get out of Hattiesburg and try to make it over to see where you make these beautifull works of art.

Incredible Bowie Terry!! beautiful damascus. great work. welcome to knifedogs2thumbs

That is a really nice piece of work.
Thanks for sharing.
Curtis

Back