Hi from a newby ....

Ken Hurst

Moderator - Knife Deco - Master Engraver
Just wanted to introduce myself to y'all. I'm not a maker but am actively engraged in engraving firearms & knives (I.E. , Bruce Bump's newest dagger) and have been doing so for 51 years. After all this time with guns, I have become very interested in the art of finely made knives ---- WOW, what an awakening. Never did I realize the skill required to produce a first class knife. Not only do the lines have to be exactly right (flow & form) but there are the other disiplines such as handle design & execution thereof. I could go on but y'all already know all the high points that could be discussed.

Welcome Ken,

Maybe someday:) I will send you a knife.
And I said maybe?......... :confused:;)

Your work is some of the best. - 2thumbs

Glad to see ya here, later.

Todd

Thanks guys ---- I'll ask my wife to see if she can post a few. Really lookig forward to seeing this new site develope ..........

Ken is being modest. Here are a couple pieces of his work.
I talked to Ken on the phone today. A true southern Gentleman...

bucksengravedsuperxinwhite-7.jpg

44fox.jpg

Welcome Ken. I enjoyed our conversation the other day and can't wait to see the demo at the guild meeting. I haven't been here long but this is a cool place.

Looking forward to getting together with y'all at Travis's shop. Hope the weather is good as it usually is that time of year. ken

That is some beautiful engraving Ken, maybe someday I will make a knife that would deserve such fine engraving. ArtinNC, that is a very nice plane jane.

Back