Designer/Maker Collaboration Wanted

Rock

I have a lot of interest in designing knifes, but not the equipment, experience, or skill to make them. Seeing as I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, I don't expect to be able to develop the experience or skill.

I would like to see some of these designs made. My dad said they are good, but most would need to be cut with water jet, laser, EDM, or CNC and he has none of the above. Additionally, he doesn't make folders which are one of my preferences.

Is anyone interested in a collaboration with me, or can anyone point me in the right direction since I don't have prototypes?

Any help here or by PM would be appreciated.

I have gotten some good feedback at the JD, as well as had it suggested I post here regarding this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Rock, welcome to the kennel!

I've been approached a couple times to this type of collaboration but I never actually did any of them. To me (this might just be my problem) it's just too complicated to deal with.

I'm pretty sure you'll find someone here to work with :)

Very fancy stuff you have there, Les. Quite functional looking too! Thanks for the support.

Rock,
Contact David at Great lakes waterjet. He can build prototypes from line drawings.
He has his own forum here, that should get you started.
Chuck

Rock,
Contact David at Great lakes waterjet. He can build prototypes from line drawings.
He has his own forum here, that should get you started.
Chuck

Yep that is what I would suggest. Dave is a great guy to work with, just give him a shout and tell him what you want. Im sure he would be glad to put a couple of designs together for you.

Thanks, Guys. I found Dave's web site and will contact him after the holidays if I don't have any other takers!

greenometeranikowulz.gif

Just an update:

I have a maker putting together a custom/prototype of one of my designs that he was kind enough to offer a good bit of praise on. I also have a second maker who I am discussing a collaboration with, so things are looking good.

Thanks for all of the tips and pointers!

Back