Vietnam Vet's Christmas Carol

Denny Eller

Here's an oldie from 1969. Join in if you know the words:

Jingle Bells, Mortar shells,

VC in the grass.

You can take your Merry Christmas,

And shove it up your ass.

May God Bless and watch over all of our troops wherever they may be.

Speaking of Vietnam, I'd like to welcome home all my fellow VVs and Merry Christmas one and all.......John Cullen, US Army , Vietnam / Cambodia 1967

Yeah, we used to sing that song over there. I want to echo John's words and welcome all the Nam vets home and wish all veterans and current enlisted a merry christmas.
Larry Adkins US Army, 4th Division, Vietnam.

Welcome home to all the vets and especially to the Nam vets who didn't get much of a welcome back in the day.

Denton E. Eller Sgt. USMC Bravo Company, 1st Recon Bn. 1st MarDiv Nam and points west '69 - '70

Here's a Christmas Card from back then. 1969 I'm Sgt Frog. Looks like I could have forged Sgt Porky's name.

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

http://1-22infantry.org/pics4/richard.htm

Last edited:
Speaking of Vietnam, I'd like to welcome home all my fellow VVs and Merry Christmas one and all.......John Cullen, US Army , Vietnam / Cambodia 1967

My wish is that all that are over there make it through the holiday and afterwards.Frank

Welcome home to all the vets and especially to the Nam vets who didn't get much of a welcome back in the day.

Denton E. Eller Sgt. USMC Bravo Company, 1st Recon Bn. 1st MarDiv Nam and points west '69 - '70

yea! Ditto for the above. Denton I remember that one......started to make think how lucky we are. Anyway, I want to wish all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Semper Fi Brother!

Welcome home my brothers in arms.I too was there in 67-68 551stAmmo Haulers convoys, 2nd tour 68-69 Dec12th deros 192nd asslt combat helicopter co. door gunner.Sgt Rey Garza US Army, May God Bless us all and our families.

Welcome home my brothers in arms.I too was there in 67-68 551stAmmo Haulers convoys, 2nd tour 68-69 Dec12th deros 192nd asslt combat helicopter co. door gunner.Sgt Rey Garza US Army, May God Bless us all and our families.

Hey Rey, Glad you made it home! I think your the first door gunner I have met since I left country. Your a lucky man! Most weren't........

Here's wishing you a Great 2010! I just hope its a little slower than 2009.....

I've been told that a good door gunner back in those days was worth his weight in gold. Unfortunately, not many of these fine men made it home. My best friend's father served as a door gunner. If I'm not mistaken, he held the position for three tours.

Back