First Straight Razor

taylormadeknives

This is my first one. Thought I would share some pics.

Here's the specs

SS San Mai blade- Billet from Randy Haas
410 over 1084 core
Hollow ground
Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber scales-bronze
Bronze pins

Thanks!

All comments welcomeuploadfromtaptalk1449954812601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well it's a sweet looking razor,as a user I love round pointed razors,they don't have the visual effect of some of the other point designs but you never have to worry about nicking your ear with a round point. I've had a love affair with straight razors for a long time and as my post in this forum says I finally purchased some wheels just for razors.I can't wait to get started !

Well it's a sweet looking razor,as a user I love round pointed razors,they don't have the visual effect of some of the other point designs but you never have to worry about nicking your ear with a round point. I've had a love affair with straight razors for a long time and as my post in this forum says I finally purchased some wheels just for razors.I can't wait to get started !
Thanks again! I haven't shaved with one yet myself. I think it would be easy enough it was shave ready and sharp. I'm gonna try one of these days. Maybe today. What size wheels? I've heard most guys use a 5" wheel. I used an 8" wheel. Plenty deep. Nice hollow. I used what I had

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I took all my favorite razors and laid them on various cardboard wheels that I made and a 4 inch seemed to do the trick so I ordered a 4 inch from Tracy.

Back