late xmas gift

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
ok so this guy come over two days ago and says he needs a xmas gift for a guy who helped him out in the big fire here in san diego a year ago .and he wants a knife can you have one by sunday night. LOL LOL i said no way in hell can i make one by then but i do have some knives sitting over on that shelve that i have not finished "about 10" maybe i could finish one of those for you .so he looks and brings this knife over and hands me 300.00 and say please finish this for me. i say yes sir because he just bought Darci MY 13 YO girl one nice pellet rifle for Christmas .Ok so much for the storys,this knife is a center core of 1095 with 88 layers of damascus its overall is just at 10" long with a 4 1/2" blade ,with 303 SS bolster,and a bocote handle with white liners.

DSC02112.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

DSC02105.jpg

Great knife and I love the Damascus. Are you going to try to make me a billet like that? I sure hope !!!!!! but in a thin billet with a thin ceter core? Please !!! Frank

Your a prince of a guy !!! Gee did I spell that right?
And the other bar too please. I returned rough cut bars that were undersize in thickness to a smith who does lovely mosaic work a couple of months ago. This was the forth time he sent bars about .118 instead of the .125 I asked for. I went to making some smaller folders. He said his 1/8" was different than mine that I should have ordered 3/16" Anyway, he doesn't communicate except to say he was going to start. I told him I would take other patterns or if he wanted a refund No. bars and no money. I'm not putting the rush on you. I've lots of material on hand and am supposed to hit on some folders with stainless blades when they get back from the heat treater.
I believe that some of your Damascus will give me some great stuff to work with down the line. Thanks Frank.

well the knife left last night,the guy also brought me 10 tongs for forging all derf sizes he picked them up at one of the burnt houses in the big fire we had they need some oil and adj. tender loving care like hot fire LOL,but they will work just fine ,i sure liked that knife hate to see it gone but its going to a hunter so it will get used ,
DSC02147.jpg

Back