New Belt Grinder

Billy Helton

Well thought I would post a couple pictures of my new addition to the shop. This is a KMG style grinder, I spent three days building and machining this grinder and one trip to the doctor:eek: . Probally would have been cheaper to buy one for what the docs get these days. Well needed a break from knives for a few days anyway. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas everyone.

100_0345.jpg

100_0346.jpg

100_0347.jpg

100_0340.jpg

Looks great. Now get that hand healed up and get that thing dirty!

SDS

Awesome Build. The wheels are incredible. Sorry you got bit while building it. She better serve you well know;)

Thanks Guys, apprecieate the comments. Man I just noticed my mill,I am going to have to clean her up a bit. Woops did I say I , ( ment to say my son):D

That came out really nice, may I ask the finish you applied? Thanks

Heal and be well.....

That came out really nice, may I ask the finish you applied? Thanks

Heal and be well.....

The finish is a dupont spraycan finish. It has metal flakes in it. I am not shure what I did wrong but it comes off fairly easy to revel the primer. It was a little chilie when I painted it. The paint was warm and the steel was warm but took it out side to paint. I think thats wher I went wrong.

nice grinder....how did you build those wheels?

Well bossdog I took four inch pipe ID, turned a piece of solid bar to 2.80.Then took four pices of 1/2 square bar, took off .004 of one side. Slid all down in the pipe, it was a tight fit enough so that I faced both sides with out welding it. I counter sunk 1/4 holes at each joint on the face then spot welded them and cleaned them up. Walla por boy 4 inch wheel. Would have been alot easier to get 4 bar stock but wanted to try it.

Merry christmas

Wow! I was impressed already, but turned your own contact wheel too?? Very nice.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Well bossdog I took four inch pipe ID, turned a piece of solid bar to 2.80.Then took four pices of 1/2 square bar, took off .004 of one side. Slid all down in the pipe, it was a tight fit enough so that I faced both sides with out welding it. I counter sunk 1/4 holes at each joint on the face then spot welded them and cleaned them up. Walla por boy 4 inch wheel. Would have been alot easier to get 4 bar stock but wanted to try it.

Merry christmas

cool. I liked those.

Wow! I was impressed already, but turned your own contact wheel too?? Very nice.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Paul I didnt make the contact wheel, it is a grizzly wheel. It cost about 65 dollars but it only has a 5/8 hole through it, so you have to turn some bearing sets in it and press your bearings in. Total cost of wheel about 85 dollars not bad .

Back