Some of my work (Picture Heavy)

Mike Carter

I am new to the forum and some people have asked to see what I do. Here are some of my favorites that I made for custom orders.

GrizzFinish%20009LR.jpg

EagleNessmuk1.jpg

EK145LR.jpg

CarterKnives49.jpg

CarterKnives48.jpg

CarterKnives20.jpg

CarterKnives56.jpg

You have some very lucky customers :)
What's the design story on the fourth knife? I have a custom Ruana which looks very similar in design.
Love the sheath on the first Bowie/fighter.
Mike

Now that's a bowie! :) I really like your tutorial for making antiqued brass with the ammonia. In my line of work ammonia is usually the last thing you want to play with so it's nice to see it can be used for something I enjoy besides just refrigeration.

All very nice. The third one looks like something Elmmer Keith would have.

Indeed it is. I learned knifemaking from Gil Hibben and he said he didn't mind if I made a couple of his designs. I changed it a little but it's pretty close.

Indeed it is. I learned knifemaking from Gil Hibben and he said he didn't mind if I made a couple of his designs. I changed it a little but it's pretty close.

I think Elmmer Kieth's was 3/8 thick if I remember right. And I made one one time out of 3/8 a the blade finished out nice but never finished it just to heavy. It has set on my desk for the last 17 years it looks more like a trophy.

You make some very nice knives.

Back