The Cure For Depression

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I went to the mall today shopping with my wife and stumbled into the OutFitter, a local outdoor type store. I've been in there several times but never really find anything that I feel is worth the price. I was kind of hoping that they might have some kind of Christmas sale going on the few knives that they carry as I have really wanted a Benchmade 635 SBK (which they have had one for several months now). It's just hard for me to spend $230 for an EDC production knife.

I had initially gone into the store looking for a pair of Seal Skinz gloves (tired of having cold wet hands on the training lanes). After asking the kid working the counter if they had the gloves and being told no, I turned to leave the store and remembered the Skirmish. I asked him when they were ever going to drop the price on it and he told me that it was on sale. I immediately asked if they still had it, they did. He then told me that all of thier knives were on sale.

I immediately smiled from ear to ear when I heard of the sale. My wife looked at me kind of funny when I asked the kid which other Benchmades they had in stock. As it turned out they not only had the 635 SBK "Mini-Skirmish", they also had a 480 "Shoki" (First Production #625/1000) and a 903 (Kulgera)(#109/1000).

The moral of the story, I got three new knives today!!! it's amazing how a trip to the mall can cheer a guy up.

Sorry for the crappy photo. I was too lazy to go find my camera.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Benchmade.jpg
    Benchmade.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 109
Nice score Murph. All three look to be great choices. I need to replace my worn out kershaw. You're lucky to have mall that still has knives. Our local mall cutlery store went out last year. I like most all the Benchmades.

Three Benchmades beats a pair of gloves in any poker hand2thumbs

Now I need to find someone who does Benchmade mods to replace these repulsive "wine wood" scales on the "Shoki". I have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to use these scales on this knife.

Back