Lever Action Guns

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
Ok Lets see your lever actions

Here is my Winchester 94 30-30, the day I got it I disasembled it so I could sand and refinish the stock.
its 6 coat of spar varnish that I rubbed with steel wool between each coat.

015.jpg

Here is my Marlin 1894 .357 magnum

025.jpg

here are my 3 babies, as you can see I am a fan of the old west style guns.....well ok I am a fan of the Old West as a whole!!

024.jpg

Last edited:
Two Winchester '94s ~

the Saddle Ring Carbine built in 1916 is my pig huntin' gun and my absolute favorite all-around hunting rifle. Flip-up sight, saddle ring gone long before I got ahold of it (which is cool because they're noisy).

The Rifle built in 1905 has the octagon barrel and the Lyman tang sight - buck horn sight removed prior to me getting my hands on it. Don't fire this one much anymore. She did eat a box of ammo for her 100th birthday though.

:)

1_882234.jpg

2_679344.jpg

3_978229.jpg

4_169432.jpg

Two Winchester '94s ~

the Saddle Ring Carbine built in 1916 is my pig huntin' gun and my absolute favorite all-around hunting rifle. Flip-up sight, saddle ring gone long before I got ahold of it (which is cool because they're noisy).

The Rifle built in 1905 has the octagon barrel and the Lyman tang sight - buck horn sight removed prior to me getting my hands on it. Don't fire this one much anymore. She did eat a box of ammo for her 100th birthday though.

:)

1_882234.jpg

2_679344.jpg

3_978229.jpg

4_169432.jpg

I am soooo drooling right now..............

Bill, seeing that old Winchester with the flip up rear sights brings back a lot of memories. My Grandad had one and I carried that gun for a lot of miles when I was younger. When he passed away one of my uncles ended up with it. I doubt I'll ever see that gun again.

Thanks for posting.

I don't have any pictures of mine but I have a couple of top eject Mod. 94's and a Marlin 1895 guide gun in .45-70. Gotta love the lever guns.

SDS

Bill, seeing that old Winchester with the flip up rear sights brings back a lot of memories. My Grandad had one and I carried that gun for a lot of miles when I was younger. When he passed away one of my uncles ended up with it. I doubt I'll ever see that gun again.

Thanks for posting.

I don't have any pictures of mine but I have a couple of top eject Mod. 94's and a Marlin 1895 guide gun in .45-70. Gotta love the lever guns.

SDS

Right on.

Folks have to carry and shoot one of those old rifles to really appreciate the heft and balance. I'll hunt with with that carbine until I can't hunt anymore and it's 90+ years old.

BC

bigern26, nice looking rifles! :) what calibers are they? dancing dog

Here is one of the two guns I carried this year. This was up near 11,000 ft. in Colorado hunting for Wapiti. No elk this year, but I still had fun.

elkhunt2009039.jpg

I wish I had backed up a bit but I was taking a break, looked over and decided I liked the way the rifle looked leaning there so I snapped a pic. It's my Marlin 1895G Guide Gun in .45-70.

SDS

Last edited:
Here's one of mine, a Stevens Ideal No. 44 falling block. I also have a Winchester 64, Marlin 36, and Browning BLR in .308, but no pics of them.

414Armory.jpg

Soon as I get home I'll post up a pic of my Mossberg 472PCA 30-30 with 9x50 scope. Great little old gun and only hunting rifle I have not counting my Remington Nylon 66. I'm just glad that Hornady came out with their LeverEvolution series of ammo.

Soon as I get home I'll post up a pic of my Mossberg 472PCA 30-30 with 9x50 scope. Great little old gun and only hunting rifle I have not counting my Remington Nylon 66. I'm just glad that Hornady came out with their LeverEvolution series of ammo.

One of the guys that works for me swears by that 30-30 Lever Revolution ammo.

Looking forward to seeing your rifle.

BC

these are my two ,a marlin 1895CB 45-70 and my puma 454
both great guns most of the time i shoot 325 gr evolutions 1675fps +3" at 100yds but some 405 grizzlies for the big stuff ,and the 454 i can shoot 45 schofields,45 LC, or the 454 its my 454 rugers super red hawks best friend its nice to have both the handgun and rifle able to stop anything needed but also nice to just shoot schofields for fun.the marlin holds 9, 45-70s the puma hold 9 454s

DSC02148.jpg

Last edited:
I have always drooled over the Wild West Bush Pilot in 50 cal Alaskan. I can't imagine a better camp rifle.

Heres my Mossberg model 472PCA 30-30 with a Pine Ridge 9x50 scope. I had to reverse the scope mount base to allow me to see thru the scope comfortably without going all the way forward and getting shaking from straining my neck. Its my only hunting rifle, not counting my 22. Hardly ever find anyone selling, much less owning a 472 or even 479. So what do yall thinking about my baby? Sorry about the cell phone pics, cant find any good batteries for the digi cam.

SSPX1770.jpg

Heres a pic of my whole collection so that you can see the size of this gun compared to the others. My 870 has a 28" barrel.
DSC01672.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love the levers, have , well, a few,lol. Im a Southern boy, we're all a tiny bit gun crazy.... liking that Rem /Nylon66 " Apache Black" , Pop started my shooting on that as a lad, 6 yrs old. Pops is still in near pristine cond, you cant beat em.

liking that Rem /Nylon66 " Apache Black" , Pop started my shooting on that as a lad, 6 yrs old. Pops is still in near pristine cond, you cant beat em.
That 22 is my midnight varmint control gun. Its killed quite a few coons, possums, and dillos in the last 2 years since we lived here. At night around here you may see me walking my backyard barefoot with only shorts on and my headlamp with the red light on looking for them eyes as I walk stealthily thru the backyard and then I switch on the white light and pop them in the head. Ive killed a coon that was about 35lbs, and had to chase it thru the yard before I got a shot off at it. Man I love that Nylon 66. I actually seen a Nylon 66 SG model that was in really bad condition and it made me cry. That gun was so dirty that the gun would jam after each shot. My neighbor cleaned it up for him the best he could and it didnt jam. That was still a lot of gunk in it. If I could I would buy it off him and restore it. I felt so sorry for the gun I printed up detailed instruction on how to strip the gun and a schematic of the gun and gave it to him.

Back