Damascus Blank

Billy Helton

Thought I would post A picture of some damascus that have been expermenting with. Al may came down last week , we made two billets, this one is a 16 bar loaf weld. It started out as "w" pattern that eventually ended in 16 1/2 bars that were welded together, then I sliced slabs off. 1 x 4.00 that are awsome for slipjoints. Man you get two knife nuts together no telling what will turn out. Al also showed me how to Ferry weld thats cool, will get pics posted when I get them. Comments welcome. Thinking on doing a wip on some patterns when I get some time. Thanks
BH

100_0335.jpg

nice bar...
We'd really like to see the WIP progress pics.

what is Ferry welding?

Yeah I say a couple of WIP are in order! Thanks for sharing, very interesting pattern.

That is a very sweet piece of damascus!! Al May is a genius when it comes to damascus. You 2 togethor could do great things.

nice bar...
We'd really like to see the WIP progress pics.

what is Ferry welding?

Well bossdog ferry welding I think is named after the guy that figured it out but, it is where we cut pices on 45 degree angle we flip all the pices over then slide them back togther. Tack them to some 1018 then forge weld them. I will do a wip on it and a loaf weld probally next week.

Lator Gator Billy

You must be talking about the "Ferry Flip" !!! Named after Tom Ferry who first figured it out.....

Well bossdog ferry welding I think is named after the guy that figured it out but, it is where we cut pices on 45 degree angle we flip all the pices over then slide them back togther. Tack them to some 1018 then forge weld them. I will do a wip on it and a loaf weld probally next week.

Lator Gator Billy

It was Tom Ferry who first had this way of doing mosaic,or at least I think this to be true. Anyway Mr. Ferry gets the credit for it. This is why it is called the "ferry Flip weld"
Al May

I'd like to see the Ferry Flip...looking forward to the pics..

Back