Ultra speed knifemaking :)

papi

Hey everyone,
Monday, i looked into my knife drawer, and found out, that, after the Brno show two weeks ago, i had only four knives left for this weekends shows.
Well, that is definitely not enough, so i turned myself into a chocolate and redbull powered knifemaking rocket, and coughed out these two :) I have t admit, the red coral one was partially finished, it had the blade fitted to the frame and heat treated. Other than that, it was double buildoff for me this week. Fortunately i didn't have to take pics, otherwise i'd be dead :D
So, here they are:) Some specs:
first one is with blued damascus i call a 'blue fire' - quite easy to see why :) and white MOP. Everything on this knife, except the scales and cabochon in the thumbstud is heat colored to some shade of blue. Unfortunately, this one will have to be taken apart once again, and the blade re-finished, cause i scratched it when sharpening... :angry: :nutz:

The other one is Chad Nichols stuff all over, his stainless damascus on the blade, and mocume bolsters (heat colored to a nice blood red on the copper). With apple coral scales and thumbstud cabochon.

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

Any comments will be appreciated, thank you all for looking :)

Take care, Ondrej

You've done it again Ondrej! The "Blue Fire" is wicked man! What kinda bluing process do you use? Every try Bertie's soup?

Thank you guys, i really appreciate your comments :)

Frank, i use heat coloring - easy, quick, and gives me the best colors. I'm set up for nitre blueing, just don't use that one, cause it just can't cut it compared to the colors you get 'playing with fire' :)

I've seen (and drooled over) your knives cooked in the soup, and they were amazing, however, i can't et this stuff here. I will have to send you some of the blades to color them for me :D:D:D

Ondrej

How about a Berkus/Fischer collaboration in the near future?

Both great looking knives, but I like that blued damascus one.

Back