Week 10 Photo Contest submissions -- now CLOSED

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Post your week 10 photo contest entries here...
No theme guidelines for this week.
Entries for week 10 open now through 2/15/15
One entry per week please.

This is the final week of the photo contest...which has been great.
Thanks for playing and hopefully everyone got something out of this.
I know I did and I enjoyed seeing the entries.
t

Last edited:
One of my best Buck 110's...

b17d441d-42f8-4de8-b6ba-63fc8f76a570.jpg

I have attempted to upload a picture but the forum keeps telling me that the file is too big. It's only 233kb and 1000x564 pixels at 96dpi. Is there a problem with the forum at the moment?

I have attempted to upload a picture but the forum keeps telling me that the file is too big. It's only 233kb and 1000x564 pixels at 96dpi. Is there a problem with the forum at the moment?

no. That exceeds pic size in pixels and file size. Cut it down to 800 and it should go.

sorry for gumming up the entry thread with this, but I thought 1000 and 300k was the limit as per the contest rules....I made it 800pixels and I'm now getting "this is not a valid file" when trying to use facebook as a host to upload from a url, then I tried dropbox....it doesn't seem to be working. The only other way to try is to use the forum uploader and I loose resolution when I do that.

Edit...I'll just do it the old way..

This knife, in the culinary world, would be called "Deconstructed Full Tang"

small2 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold inlaid all steel dagger - laminated stainless blade - hot blued - made in 1993
gold scroll dagger on background-2000 wide.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring one last time for this week. :)

Here's my entry:

Last edited:
This has been great fun and the best way, IMHO, to learn knife photography. Clearly the 10 week 'contest' series helped all of us to raise our game!
Just finished this composite image for a collector. He really wanted the handle swells and contours to show along with the very black tone of the wood. He also wanted the background to feature the colors of a red dirt butte in a picture he sent me. The knife is a Rio Negro Bowie by Mike Williams. Rio Negro is a small river near where Mike lives in Oklahoma.

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back