1911 picture thread

N

NEWT

heres some 1911 pics. Bill was asking about my avatar.its a springfield G.I. model that i had Brad Rogers do a rebuild on. kart barrel, stainless guide rod. wilson combat night sites, springs. extended ejector, dont know the brand of the beaver tail or hammer or trigger. he told me but i cant remember. he did all the tooling, and shaved down the main spring housing, flared the mag well, and polished the feed ramp, and the finish is KG gun Kote, O.D., flat black.

the knife pics were done by Mr. Hoffman.

Attachments

• _MG_4878a.jpg
    _MG_4878a.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 116
  • martin1a.jpg
    martin1a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_7418.jpg
    100_7418.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_7420.jpg
    100_7420.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 405
  • ivory1911-1.jpg
    ivory1911-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
That's one good lookin pistola homie!

attachment.php

Whew! thats gorgeous. I looked at your pictures at least 5 times. Thanks for sharing. The combat knives are cool too. Clever idea to have the 1911 grips.

That's one good lookin pistola homie!

attachment.php

that picture just made me talk out loud...

I need me one like that...I don't have any 1911's and now I have a bad feeling..I feel bad I don't have one...

Very nice Newt - big change from the first time I saw that .45!

Please send me that damascus 1911 XL at your convenience.

Thank you.

BC

Hang your head in shame..... ban1

...maybe just give him a week off :)

I was on the phone with Barker last night while on the way out the door to the range...with one of three 1911's. 2guns

It is my belief that one cannot own enough 1911's.

1911a.jpg

Plain jane shooters: STI Spartan, Springfield Champion (By Col. Cooper, Gunsite '92) my carry gun and a SS Colt Commander. Every one got a trigger job and some other odds and ends but they remain mosty stock.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have some run with and without the name above the cross. darker colors too...

1911's are the coolest! :D

i think they sell 1911's in Minnesota Tracy. its never too late.2guns:D

Back