Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12. J.Doyle

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
You are voting on how the staging compliments the picture of the knife. This is a knifephoto contest. Not a pretty picture of a bunch of cool stuff photo contest.
You are not voting on how you like the knife.

Does the staging make sense?
Does it compliment the knife or overwhelm the image?
Does it just "work"?
Was the knife image technical quality (ie focus, exposure, color) compromised in order to get the picture?
Does the picture help sell the knife or make you feel good about it?

You can vote for multiple winners.
You can not vote for yourself.

Last edited:
Self Made Knives
attachment.php

Fred Carter all the way.
I LOVE juxtaposition.
The miniature knife on the eggs is brilliant.
The eggs are a wonderful abstract background element until you realize what they are.
And then it hits you that the knife is a miniature.
The egg carton is also abstract with it's texture and neutral tone that doesn't take away from the knife.
The knife itself is sharply focused and well represented.

I wouldn't change a thing on this photo.

Self Made gets my vote this week. Although the tip of the knife is a little soft, I could overlook that because the staging of the knife is very effective. The little detail that, IMHO, makes this image work is the diagonal lines created by the decking. Take those away and the image would not engage the viewer as successfully.

With even a small amount of imagination, there are a lot of great stories in this weeks contest....

Some great images here. And as mentioned, some good stories told.

I had to pick 3 this week. All 3 were great images, I thought and all told great stories.

Buddy- his picture portrayed a stark and solemn backstory and has the potential to move on an emotional level.

Ebbtide- great clear picture that makes you want to reach out and grab the knife. It has depth that I've rarely seen in knife pics. Theme is matching.

Ben R. T.- I love this image. Ben brings a great theme that portrays the straightforward, no frills aspect of modern mechanized technology and precision of the knife. The props and background match this theme perfectly. It isn't my favorite knife but the theme makes it one of my favorite pictures and that is the whole point.

Great job by everyone this week. Very tough to decide.

Winners...for a tie...
Buddy Thomason and fcarter...
both will win $25 gift certificate...

Back