Just Finished

RandyR

KNIFE MAKER
I am relatively new to this forum but have been making knives for awhile. I am starting to do more now that I am retired. Here is a piece I just finished for a two tour Iraq vet. He was just discharged and his mother asked me to make him something special patterned after the Chris Reeve Green Beret knife. Since he was in the First Cavalry, I decided to show his colors on the sheath. I did get some retention strap advice from Paul Long which was much appreciated although I chose a slightly different path. It is still his concept though.

Details:
OAL 11 inches with a CPM154 blade of 6 inches, Paul Bos heat treat, 416 bolsters and a nice piece of ironwood burl I have had around for a long time.

I have a lot to learn about photography but that will be a future project.
I welcome comments and suggestions.
Randy

Attachments

• Jays_Knife1.JPG
    Jays_Knife1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Jays_Knife4.JPG
    Jays_Knife4.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Jays_Sheath1.JPG
    Jays_Sheath1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 59
1st post with an awesome finished knife. Great way to start your forum experience2thumbs

well done and welcome.

Chris

Very nice package Randy, If his Mother is going to put it under the tree for Christmas, he will be elated with this gift to be sure.

It is a Christmas present and she has told me she intends on being there when he opens it. I asked for pictures.

Thanks to all for the positive comments. I really need to come up with better photos. Time for another hobby.
Randy

I like the set. By that I mean the knife and the sheath. aboth are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.
Curtis Wilson

Back