Rosewood source

I have some due in from a friend of mine this week. I'll post to let you know what I have.

What do you mean by rosewood? Any fine lumber dalbergia? Brazillian rosewood? Anything that looks like a rosewood?

I'm not trying to be a pain, but there are different pointers to different questions.

I don't really have an answer for a source, but this thread reminded me that we had rosewood flooring installed about 3 yrs ago and I saved some scrap. Some of my pieces have some nice figured areas and is quite dense. I meant to try to find out what kind of rosewood it is. Now you have reminded me again to research it.

If you could find an installer, maybe you could get some from them. I wish I had taken the contact info for this family operated installing business.

How would you finish it?

Great place JA - I have inquired about some Brazillian there as well as some Madagascar. Thanks for the link!

Great place JA - I have inquired about some Brazillian there as well as some Madagascar. Thanks for the link!

Glad I could help. This is one of the reasons I love this place. Just ask and you will get an answer pretty quick. and most times it will be several.

Rose woods are great I have a few different ones wish I had more. I will let you know when I find some.

Back