Tejas pics

N

NEWT

thought i would start posting some folder pics. made my intro upstairs, and i'm glad to be here. enjoy the pics amigo's.

Attachments

• 100_7241.jpg
    100_7241.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_7244.jpg
    100_7244.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_7328.jpg
    100_7328.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_7332.jpg
    100_7332.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_7334.jpg
    100_7334.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 40
Livin' on Tejas time...I mean Tulsa time :)

I'm diggin' mine!

1_168756.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you made it here Newt. Great looking folders and I need to get one of those from ya, wink wink. Thanks for the pics.

Nice ones Newt. I think we need a Martin Knives forum :rolleyes:

now you guys know what to get me for Christmasmo money;)!!! LOL

i will get one. i really like this place. the G rateing appeals to me big time. plus this is where all the cool kids hang.

Nwet, Looking good there. Tell Ed, and all Merry Christmas.
Curtis Wilson

I'm diggin mine, too. One fine piece of knife workmanship!

I am going to copy a review I did of this knife on another forum. I hope that is ok. If not, mods, do what ya gotta do. ( I "cleaned it up a bit")

Tejas folder.......

A little history on my end.

I received one in trade a while back (nearly a year). I used it for almost every thing I could (and did) use a knife for. I ain't gonna list the stuff now, but let's say I use a knife, like most of us. This thing was an amazing cutter, but I had one "issue'. It was a thin hollow grind. It had a laser cut, but I just wondered how strong it would be.

At Blade this year, I met Newt. He and I chatted a while and talked about the Tejas folder. I asked if he had considered a flat grind version. He smiled and said he had other requests so there was one in the works. I put my name on the list. I wanted it in a natural G 10 like the one I had.

Well, it came.....

Basically, the size and shape are the same, but the upgrades are perfect. I understand the blade I got is a tiny bit different than the one being done now, so I am gonna talk about the one I have. The thumb ramp is very much improved, heavier and deeper "jimping", much better to function while gloved. The "jimping" follows the handle a bit. The pivot bar is much heavier. The newer version has an edge stop. The screws that hold the sides on thread into the spacers, instead of through the spacers to the other side (like the first one). The thumbstud is larger and is dual, instead of only one side. The lanyard hole is smaller. The new mark is kick ass! AND THE FLAT GRIND.... Perfect. Sharp, just like it is suposed to be, and the lock up is tight!

I have cut just about everything I can think of, bags of dirt, bags of rock, twine, sticks, leather, carpet, opening packages, remains of garden plants, plastic garden pots, plastic sheeting, scraped paint and epoxy, anything that came about to be cut. I loved how this piece worked. It was comfortable to hold and use, like a folder should be. No failures, no issues, no problems. I like S30V in a blade steel, and it was perfect. Did I have to sharpen it, Well yeah, but, you use a knife, it gets dull.

I have some pics of the two Tejas folders I have together. You can see the changes. Thanks Newt. Great knife!

Nope. Neither of mine are for sale.

Attachments

• P1260125.JPG
    P1260125.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 5
Back