wife's boot dagger

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
the wife has been hounding me about a boot dagger for her civil war boots and something she can put in the truck on the door for the bad guys so i made this for her ,this dagger is hollow ground with a 1 1/4" wheel the billet started out 1/2" thick 30 layers of 52100,15n20,some L-6,and 1095 ,i also made matching rings for her and me from the same billet its raining today so i'll be working on them today pix's by the end of the week but i'll show you what i started with.this dagger overall is 9" long the blade is 4 1/2" long
Now i can get my Coye ridgeback back from the wife she said that was hers until i made her something .LOL
P.S. the rings will be all round didn't know how i was going to set the stones so stopped before i screwed up ,i do lots of that .LOL
DSC01892.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

Last edited:
Very very nice! I'd like to be able to do something like that when I grow up! LOL!
Heck, I'd settle for just being able to do the cross. Now I have to find one already done or a small, cheap piece of damascus.

VBR,

Den

Last edited by a moderator:
I want one!!! I really like the hollow grind, very nice knife. Makes me feel like a beginner.
Larry

That is a lovely boot dagger both in styling and the Damascus you made for it.
Clint I have sent you two emails to say I anm very interested in seeing some of your Damascus . I make only liner locking folding knives so I tend to buy material that is about 1/8" thick. Perhaps you aren't making any in this thickness for sale?
Would you please at least give me a reply at niro@telus.net ?
I sure believe from what I saw that some of your Damascus would really please me. Thanks Frank.

it was nice talking with you. You make great pocket knives only if someday i could even come close to what you make would make me happy.

In about two years you've come as far as I did in 25 or even further when you start getting heavier into the collector pieces. I love to help either through the forums or direct. And to those of you reading this and not sure of what's going on , I say get some of his very original Damascus billets before he no longer will be selling it and only using it himself. Frank

Excellent one piece,.. one of my favorite knives Ive seen from your shop. The Missus has got to be pleased.

Back