2 knives donated to US Navy

Ron Bendele

Here are two knives that I just finished. I am donating these knives to the Instructor of the Year and the Sailor of the Year at the Surface Rescue Swimmer School, NAS Jacksonville, FL. The blades are convex ground 440C at 59RC. They have red vulcanized fiber liners sandwiched by the full tang and carbon fiber.

Comments are welcome. I hope the sailors like them. I am including a soft, zippered case and Kydex sheath with each knife. Ernie Grospitch out of Orlando made the stencils for me. He has an offer to knifemakers, a two or three line stencil for $7.50. Great deal, thanks Ernie (http://www.erniesknives.com/knifemaker_stencil.html).

Attachments

• Handle 02 (cropped).jpg
    Handle 02 (cropped).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Knife (cropped).jpg
    Knife (cropped).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Knife - dial indicator  (cropped).jpg
    Knife - dial indicator (cropped).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 58
  • Sheathed knife 01 (cropped).jpg
    Sheathed knife 01 (cropped).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 34
  • SOY Billy Davis (cropped).jpg
    SOY Billy Davis (cropped).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
THat is awesome!!! I was in the Navy for 20 years, and would have loved to receive a knife for some of my accolades. Those Sailors are truly deserving, and will absolutely enjoy those!!!

great knives Ron, and what a great thing to donate those knives to very deserving men... thanks troops....

Mighty big of you , Ron ! Thanks also for the heads-up on Ernie's stencil offer. If you get all the hogs hunted out down there , come on up here . We should be able to keep you busy for a little longer.

Joe Sangster

Thank you all for the kind remarks. I wanted to do something for our military, but wanted to keep it local. I am a retired soldier, but this is a Navy town - no Army here.

Joe, I do most of my hog hunting in Ft. Stewart, GA and the surrounding area. I got into making knives because of my hog and gator hunting. For hogs, I like to hunt them with dogs and knives (only) and for gators we 'connect' to them with a archery fishing rig and actually kill them with a knife.

Good looking knives for very worthy reciepients. Thank you for supporting our servicemen.

Back