need advice

Mike k

Hi, I am looking at a knife on ebay. It is made by Kutmaster but I can't tell what it is, it looks like a MK2 but so do others.I am new to knives and haven't yet learned the fine points. The only way I can show you a picture is to post a link to the listing can I do that thanks Mike.

To my knowledge, Kutmaster is a division of the Utica knife company. Which did have contracts with the U.S. Govt. in WW-2. Mostly for bayonets. I have seen some Kutmaster Mk2 style knives. After WW-2 Kutmaster made many fighting style knives, mostly based on surplus Utica bayonet blades, for the civilian market. Creating a lot of confusion as to if these are authentic military knives or not. Personally if I were in the market for an authentic MK2, I'd stick with KA BAR or Camillus brands. I've seen Kutmaster MK2 style knives marketed as WW-2 issue. But I'm skeptical. There were other contractors for the MK2 style knife in WW-2. But I'm not certain Kutmaster was one of them. Kutmaster masy have had some post WW-2 military contracts.

Last edited:
Back