Fully decorated folding art dagger

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

The blade is 3-3/4 in long to the top of the bolsters and made of Daryl Meier forged to shape Turkish twist damascus. The front and rear bolsters are Dough Ponzio Turkish Twist damascus. The pattern is really fine and tight, you would swear that it was Rados. I also carved the front and rear bolsters with some stepped flutes. The scales are blacklip pearl with great color. They are faceted which you can feel but it is difficult to see in the picture. The liners and backbar are fully fileworked. The backbar has 2 blacklip pearl inlays and the liners have been anodized a bronze/gold color. The 3 blade pulls are 14K gold and all the screws have been hidden. Overall length is 8-7/8inches.
Thanks for looking,
Chuck

Attachments

• Paul's art dagger.jpg
    Paul's art dagger.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 67
  • Paul's art dagger filework.jpg
    Paul's art dagger filework.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Paul's art dagger inside filework.jpg
    Paul's art dagger inside filework.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Paul's art dagger closed.jpg
    Paul's art dagger closed.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 36
Chuck,

I've been admiring your work for some time now and thought I might pipe up and say so. The vision you put into your knives is an inspiration to newbies like myself !

This one is really amazing. I thinks it kinda rare to squeeze this much detail into one knife yet maintain a perfectly clean and classy look and attitude. Just fantastic ! Love the MOP inlays in the backbar.

-Josh

Beautiful work. Very inspitational. My wife loves art deco and has been gently nagging me to make her a deco knife.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Mike,
Here are a couple more pieces to inspire you.

Attachments

• Bronze art deco dagger.jpg
    Bronze art deco dagger.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Tortoise Shell Art deco.jpg
    Tortoise Shell Art deco.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
Chuck you did a super job on all of the folders. Might I ask Hoe you hide you screws. You might do a tutorial on just that.
Thanks so much for sharing your work.
Curtis Wilson

Back