Knife clubs/organizations

Ernie Swanson

SASSY PINK LUUNCHBOX KNIFE MAKER
I was just thinking about The American Bladesmith Society and wondering if there are state by state Knife makers organizations or groups for makers and/or
collerctors. Also wondering about any groups like the ABS but for Stock removal makers.

I would be interested in getting into a couple groups but I am unaware of any.

I was thinking maybe we can get a list going(maybe make it a sticky too)
for all the new members so they are aware of said groups.

Thanks

There is the Texas Knifemakers and Collectors Association, and there's a possibility that they'll soon have a vastly more effective web presence. They've got members from all kinds of places, even Germany, and there's no specific Texas requirement. You can google them for their website.

Other states have organizations as well. I try to visit the Arkansas Knifemaker's Association Show each year and even became a member last year.

If you come up empty, at least try to get down to the Janesville show. Should be able to meet a bunch of folks from your neck of the woods.

Take care, Craig

Wisconsin Knife Club

we have an organiation in the state, The Badger Knife Club. They have a couple of good shows a year down in Janesville.

I am from Star Prairie, Wi. Just down the road!!

kansas Custom Knifemakers Association (KCKA)

No residency requirements--we have members from many states.

Several of our members are also members of The Oklahoma Knife Group, The Arkansas Knifemaker's Association, The Professional Knifemakers Association, and of course, the American Bladesmiths Society to name a few. I am aware of at least two ABS Master Smiths among our clan--one is our president, Steve Culver.

There is a link in my signature line.

Back