First Knife Almost Finished (Pictures)

CDHumiston

KNIFE MAKER
First Knife FINISHED! (Pictures)

Well after what seems like forever I am finally getting close to finishing my first knife. I started this one out on a 1x42 Wilton Grinder and I had my share of beginer problems.

I have a KMG now and although my grinds are only a little better, it's a lot more fun!

I still have to finish polishing the blade and oiling or varnishing the scales. I decided to go ahead and post some pictures anyway.

The knife was ground from 440C and has Madrone scales.

Comments Welcome...

Thanks,

Attachments

• DSC01390.jpg
    DSC01390.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Great job. Much better than my first. Thank's for being proud enough to post your first knife.Now we will watch your progress, they will get better with every knife....2thumbs

Thanks for the kind words. This one is going to my Step Dad, he collects knives and I have given him one EVERY Christmas since 1976. This year I'm delivering it in person and I think he will be very surprised. He has no clue I started making knives. I was in Ohio in July and it was all I could do to keep quiet about it!

I will post some more pics as finish work progresses. Since everyone seems to think I'm doing OK with this I just became a paying member in the "Knife Maker" catagory. Now I have something to work on...500 days of fun on the forum!!!

I will post some more pics as finish work progresses. Since everyone seems to think I'm doing OK with this I just became a paying member in the "Knife Maker" catagory. Now I have something to work on...500 days of fun on the forum!!!

Welcome to the Club....we have a new knife Maker.. COOL....2thumbs

FINISHED

Well I finished the knife this weekend! I still want to polish it more and maybe do a couple more coats of Tung Oil on the handle, but here it is, My FIRST Knife...

Last edited:
Back