416 layers damascus

bubba-san

A little Japanese style skinner 3 layers 52100, 4 layers 5160, 3 layers 203-e 3 layers of 15n20. added a little color to steel . Blade is razor sharp ( I know it gave me 12 stitches ) OL is about 7.5 in. cutting edge is a little over 3 " will wrap with Japanese Ito cord to finish . Bubba-san

Last edited:
Bill, I wish I could ? I haven't done anything for 2 weeks, waiting for it to close up . when I went to EM room the Dr. noticed what a clean cut it was , he asked me what I did it with ?? I said a Damascus blade . He said how many layers !! he was a collector from Australia. He was a former British SAS member. wants me to build him a tactical blade . I guess in a way I was lucky to cut myself ! although it does sound stupid.............

Hey Bubba-san, you make good knives for a sailor. Seriously, that is one great piece of work. Are we taking it with us when you get the boat ready?

Bill, I wish I could ? I haven't done anything for 2 weeks, waiting for it to close up . when I went to EM room the Dr. noticed what a clean cut it was , he asked me what I did it with ?? I said a Damascus blade . He said how many layers !! he was a collector from Australia. He was a former British SAS member. wants me to build him a tactical blade . I guess in a way I was lucky to cut myself ! although it does sound stupid.............

Bubba-san had same kinda deal lost a knife in a buffer accident dont worrie though found the knife in my leg,long storie short the doc has made two knives at my shop, hasent bought a knife though.Darn my luck

BH

Back