Barker Plott

John Barker

SUPERModerator & KNIFE MAKER
I decided this knife deserves a better name than "Clip point Dogo". It's not really a Dogo at all. This is what I refer to as a tactical hunting knife. So I decided to name it after one of my favorite hunting breeds. The Plott Hound. I had several of these dogs as a boy and they were fierce fighters and excellent trackers. I designed this knife for my web designer. She wanted a hunting knife that could stand up to any task. I based the scale of the knife and the length of the tang on her palm measurement. As I got into grinding this knife I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew, but the Knife Gods were smiling down on me and it turned out pretty good. The blade is CPM 154 with a satin finish. The blade is 0.176" thick at the ricasso and has a 4.25" cutting edge. The overall length is 9.0" and it weighs 6.25 oz. The Rockwell hardness of the blade is 59. The scales are my favorite black and green linen micarta. I hope ya'll like it. The dog in the picture is not mine, it is just representative of the breed. There are a few more pics in my subforum.
-John
plott.jpg

207.jpg

213.jpg

If I were in the knife market and saw that in a store, I would snatch it so fast it would make 'ur head spin.

Back