Just right for the season

v-6

Just got done deep frying a 14 # turkey and a 6 # chicken , now with the smell
that's left in my shop i'll want to eat for a week.
vern
cry me a river 1

i am going to try that turky deep fry thing again this year. last year was a disaster lets just say i set the backyard on fire..

i am going to try that turky deep fry thing again this year. last year was a disaster lets just say i set the backyard on fire..

The trick is start with about 2 gal. oil and then add. heat 3 and take out 1 gal and add back so you dont have to much.
i started a test with water a few years back to see just how much oil it would take for a 14# bird and this is what we come up with. put the drained bird in real slow , not like a knife and it works great. 42 min @ 350:bud:
vern

I haven't fried a turkey in several years. I should do another one this year. They are delicious...

The BOSS put her foot down this year and we are having tame turkey. Last 5 years we have wild turkey that I killed in the Spring hunts. We got to the point we would inject the breasts with Cajun seasoning then slice into finger size pieces and roll in flour with onion soup mixed in it and then deep fry. Best eating there is. I still have the picture of my (then two year old) grandson walking around with a chunk like a hot dog eating that sucker down.

Back