just about 3 months.

Sanch

Ok so it's been about 3 months since I got bitten by the straight razor bug and have since then been working on my own creations hear is my handy work still rough but the shave is the best I've ever had probably because I made them and am pretty proud of them hope you enjoy any comments are welcomed!
20130910_054248_zpsece7ba90.jpg
20130923_060915_zps7442c1e1.jpg
20130923_060859_zps17c3571f.jpg

Sanch,
Very cool looking! I'm glad to see you make some Razors. At this point of my life I will probably stick with double or triple safety razors. But I know there is a growing market with younger shavers.

Sanch,
Very cool looking! I'm glad to see you make some Razors. At this point of my life I will probably stick with double or triple safety razors. But I know there is a growing market with younger shavers.

Yea there seems to be a fad coming around but I'm an old fart and got tired of a boring quad blade shave NOTHING beats a good ol wet shave either with a DE safety razor like a merkur or a straight razor shave! You should try a true safety razor like a DE they are so cost effective compared to those multi blade trash!

Sanch,
You are 100 percent right about the low cost of a straight razor, maybe 1 penny a shave at most for a good shaving soap,the razor and the stones to sharpen over the years?

I have a old Gold plated Gillette safty razor from the 1940's. It shaves darn well. The Quad blades are too expensive and alot of hype to me.

Sanch,
You are 100 percent right about the low cost of a straight razor, maybe 1 penny a shave at most for a good shaving soap,the razor and the stones to sharpen over the years?

I have a old Gold plated Gillette safty razor from the 1940's. It shaves darn well. The Quad blades are too expensive and alot of hype to me.
My hones cost me about $70. Then the soap an such can be had for about $12 for a starter kit of van Der haugen ..but over time it will be really cheap that's not so much the point though it's more the enjoyment of the shave, I use a merkur dual edge safety razor when time doesn't allow for a proper straight razor shave.

Yea there seems to be a fad coming around but I'm an old fart and got tired of a boring quad blade shave NOTHING beats a good ol wet shave either with a DE safety razor like a merkur or a straight razor shave! You should try a true safety razor like a DE they are so cost effective compared to those multi blade trash!

I finally took the plunge to a merkur. For years I used double bladed razors because they were least likely to give me ingrown hairs. So I actually shaved pretty cheap, about .75 to 1.00 a razor. I spent 5 to 8 dollars a month. I recently purchased my Merkur 34 and 100 Astra blades for 60 bucks or there about. 100 blades (actually 102 because the razor comes with 2) should last me about 2 years. The site marketed as their 2.70 a month shave kit.

Back