My Picture Taking Skills are Getting Better

millejn3

After doing a lot of research on here and you tube, my pictures are getting alot better! I want to send a thanks out to everyone that posted how to's here in the Photography Forum. Below are a couple of my most current pics. Any comments on how to improve from here are welcome.

Skinner/Utility
154CM
6.75"
Cuting Edge 2.25"
416 SS Bolsters

Knife.jpgKnife2.jpg

I'd say quite a bit. Those shots look good.

Since your blades or mirror finish you might want to try this: make or buy a 12"x12" black, 12"x12"white and a 12"x12" gray reflector board. This can be as simple as construction paper taped onto cardboard. I use vulcanized liner because it is stiff and I have it here.

When taking shots of something as shiny as your knives, reflections are a bugger -even in a light tent- and so is getting a pleasing color on the high shine areas. The reflection either blows out from the light When taking pictures hand hold the each board over the knife in such a way that the board is reflected into the lens of the knife giving the shiny areas a completely different color with each and no harsh or odd reflections you have to photo shop out later. Your mileage may vary..

Back