Man my luck has been shaping up lately!!!

J

J.McDonald Knives

First I get a new job that I started at the beginning of November. Next I signed up for my CHL class on Friday the 13th of all dates and yesterday I get a call from my boss saying we weren't working that night due to the rain so I went to the gun range and practiced for my class. Well after I got done I was talking to the guys there and one asked if I was busy tomorrow (today) and I said nope. He asked me if I wanted to take my CHL class tomorrow (today) and I said HECK YA!!! Someone must have blessed me or something cause I've been feeling really good this month with the new job, mom starting hers on November 30th and we are not at risk for losing anything now plus my CHL class was moved up to a week after I signed up for the class. Whats next? Maybe buy a lottery ticket?

Well I just got home from my CHL class and I did the best shooting I ever did. And I was only 1 of 2 people in the class to score a perfect score of 250 out of 250 on the shooting proficiency exam but I somehow missed 4 questions on the 50 question exam but thats still passing. Heres a pic of my target. Anything inside the 8/9/10/X area is 5 points. I had one right on the 8/7 line but it counted as 5 points instead of 4 since it was on the line.

Attachments

• DSC01664.JPG
    DSC01664.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01666.jpg
    DSC01666.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 29
Way to go - 2thumbs

And some very nice shots.......... 2guns:D

It is nice when things work out the right way.:)

Todd

Thanks. We did 20 shots at 3 yards, 20 shots at 7 yards, and 10 shots at 15 yards. And that was some of the best shooting I have ever done with my pistol. I shoot a Bersa Thunder 380 with Remington UMC FMJ ammo and its dirty ammo and not as accurate as the Federal Hydroshock JHP ammo we use for home and self defense which has the best grouping and all around performance out of the Bersa Thunder 380.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. IG told me to get my sorry ass over here. lol. And Les George recently helped me out with a guard on a knife. I posted it up on BF under the same user name.

Nice shooting. So what did you choose for your carry gun ?

I have had my CCW for about 20 years now , for the first 7 years I carried a Colt Govt , I have since downsized and carry a Combat Commander or Officers model , depending on time of the year.

Welcome to the fray !

For right now it will be my Bersa Thunder 380. Its the only pistol I have until I get more money and can look at other guns for CC.

If you're looking to upgrade to a better CC, look for a used Kimber. You will deffinitely have to save your pennies to pay for it, but they are worth thier weight in gold IMHO. Of course I like the idea that if I ever have a need to use it for self defense....... one Hydra Shok will do the job.

Ive heard some good things about the Kimbers. Still think Id rather buy a new one just so that I know how it was broken in, if any work has been done to it, etc. if you know what I mean.

if you upgrade , consider the whole package , better belt , quality holster.

The bersa is about 23 oz empty , something like the Colt Defender Compact is about the same weight empty , but weight adds up when you add the weight of 7 +1 rounds of 45acp.

With a Mitch Rosen belt and either an Alessi Talon + , 5 Shot IWB or AZ Gunleather IWB , I can carry a Com Comm or Officers and not even notice it is there.

I just finished a rebuild of a LW Colt Commander for my dad , pistol was made in 1952 according to the ser # check , it had led a hard life , but it much more in "tune" now and shoots really well , was hoping he didn't like the aluminum frame so I could carry it :)

I was thinking of a 1911 for my CCW. Still not sure which one I want to get but at the price of them I know I better save up and decide carefully.

check out the Springfield mil-specs , usually found for under $550.

Kimber Pro Carry models are a great buy as well.

For comparison browsing , ImpactGuns.com has plenty of eye candy.

Check out AJC Sports Inc. They make the Texas gunshow circuit. I've seen them at shows in Belton, Austin, and San Antonio while living in Texas. They used to have great prices on all of thier firearms, particularly pistols. They have a website that shows thier inventory, but the prices seem to be quite a bit higher than I recall them having at shows.

http://www.shop.ajcsportshop.com/

So far I have found the Ruger P90 to be more in my price range and I know about their quality and being made in the USA. What other pistols would yall suggest for that price range? I'm flipping thru both sites as we speak and checking prices and models and such. Looking for either a 40S&W or 45ACP.

J., you mean IG didn't lead you astray? :D Nice going and that's great news on your good luck! Actually, I think you made your own good luck. 2thumbs

Believe it or not he hasn't yet lead me astray. [knock on wood] lol.

Back