good man down...Ed Caffrey recovering from surgery - Fund raiser announcment

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Ed's wife posted an update. He had surgery and it went fairly well as it wasn't worst case. He is home recovering.

We will kick off a fund raising raffle for Ed in the next couple days. He has done a great deal for other knife makers in sharing experience and helping others out with knowledge he has worked hard to gain. The knife community can help him back a little I'm sure...

Next Monday (11/23/09) night will be Ed Caffrey Fund Raising night...

Watch here for more details as they develop...

Last edited:
Spoke with Ed last night

Hi gang,

Thanks to Tracey for setting all this up and for his gernerouos offering!

I actually was able to talk to Ed last night. I initially got Cindi on the line and she
let me speak with Ed. You could tell he was pretty uncomfortable with the incision and
a big tube protruding out of his chest. Ed's a trooper and rarely complains.

When I told Ed what we were planning, both he and Cindi, were humbled and thankful. He also expressed his concern for Bruce Bingenheimer and his wife Marylyn and their
finances. Marylyn recently had a mastecomy and was currently in the hospital having reconstructive surgery. Bruce also just lost his job. I think Bing had ot take his wife to Missoula for the surgery so he also took the time to drive up to help Ed and Cindi out while he was in the area. I'll tell you, there are a lot of really great folks in this knife making community.

Our prayers and thoughts are with Ed, Cindi and Bruce and Marylyn.

Dana

Get well soon Ed, you got knives to make, damascus to weld and classes to teach2thumbs No rush or anything:D

Get well soon man.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Chris

Count me in Tracy. Also you might want to think about doing one of those mass emails to let everyone know all of the details. I know I was planning to be online last Monday and just could not make it. I would not want to miss out on helping just because I was not able to log on. Just a suggestion.

There will be an email sent tomorrow night and Monday.

We will have a large raffle event with multiple prizes. Speak up if you want to kick something in. We might even have a couple raffles go off in one evening. We'll see.

There will be an email sent tomorrow night and Monday.

We will have a large raffle event with multiple prizes. Speak up if you want to kick something in. We might even have a couple raffles go off in one evening. We'll see.

I have a few 2nd Amendment knifes that i need to finish and i could donate one to the cause. I dont think i could have it done by the 23rd but i can get it done as soon as possible.

Ed, Take care of yourself and heal. We will all be here when you are ready. If there is anything that this former Montana Brother can do, Let me know!!!

My thoughts go out to both families.

Tracy - PM sent.

I'll be in for some raffle tickets too.

Last edited:
I'm in Tracy. Seeing as it's to help Ed, I've got a bar of raindrop damascus I can throw in. I'll get details to you tomorrow.

-d

Back