Crucible

Walt2

Has anyone talked to, or heard anymore on Crucible? Wondering if any decision has been made on the CPM metals.

I posted this on another forum. Oddly it got no responses which leads me to believe people don't believe me, they already know, or they don't care given that NSM will be destributing themselves.

Any way today I got an email from a rep I always communicate with at the Crucible service center in texas. She stated that the service center has had a bid for their company by SB industries. It will go to auction mid December, and will finalize (hopefully) by the end of December. They are trying to work things out with the new mill and want to continue working with knifemakers as has been done in the past. The details will hinge on SB industries acquiring the service center, Crucible, and NSM. If this all goes through NSM may be a competitor or a supplier to the service center. that is all I know.

pretty much the same I have heard. SB industries is news. Crucible has always said "a buyer" in the past so that sounds like they are further along than before. Also, I don't think NSM is up for sale, or at least I hadn't heard that.

Oops. I should have been more clear. No NSM isn't up for sale but the role they will play with SB should SB get the service center is unknown. Either way Bob from NSM has been nice to talk to and it seems like they will be willing to work with the knifemaking community as a whole. I was worried that small guys like myself would have to buy 500lbs to get 3v in the sizes we need but that seems to not be the case as of yet.

Back