Son's new gun

Indian George

The black is 4 inch square. The other squares are 1”. 100 Yards..

First day shooting this rifle.. She didn’t like the 85 grain Federal Sierra BTSP Hollow Points. She liked the 95 grain Win Failsafe and the Federal 100 Grain Soft Points. The Federal 100’s put up some ¾” groups and I only shot 7 rounds of the Win Failsafes the last 3 is what I took a pic of. Put a box and a half thru rifle, I figured if it groups like this, next month my hunt in Texas shooting from a ground blind, I should be good.

I might get lower bases, even though these are actually pretty comfortable and I really don’t have to crank my head over the cheek well.

Not bad for a gun that only cost $380, granted the optics cost 3 times more than the gun..

Last edited:
Nice group......Nice Savage and glass:eek:2thumbs

Money well spent!

Off topic:

HT relish went in my big bowl of chili last night....Didnt think I would make it through the bowl....but couldnt stop the insanity. Yummy stuff IG!!!

Chris

Hey George,

To bad about the 85 grain sierras, My grand sons shoot them in there .243 rifles.
They kill deer like a lightning bolt. I've been shooting deer all of my life and have never seen anything like it. Between the two of them they have shot twelve deer, four hogs, (one of which was a four hundred pound monster) and one ram. Not one of those critters went over thirty five yards, most of them tipped over in there tracks.
I am thinking of getting a .243 for myself.

Greg

Hey George,

To bad about the 85 grain sierras, My grand sons shoot them in there .243 rifles.
They kill deer like a lightning bolt. I've been shooting deer all of my life and have never seen anything like it. Between the two of them they have shot twelve deer, four hogs, (one of which was a four hundred pound monster) and one ram. Not one of those critters went over thirty five yards, most of them tipped over in there tracks.
I am thinking of getting a .243 for myself.

Greg

Isn't it just a necked down .308??????

IG that is what my wife shoots is a Savage. Hers is the youth model .243 and she has killed her deer this year and last year with one shot for each. Great guns.

My Son shoots a savage .243 and LOVES it! I too was impressed with the knockdown, and I shoot a .300 win mag!

Nice iron the IG!

God Bless
Mike

Yes it's just a necked down .308 Win. My favorite .308 based cartridge is the .260 rem I loooooove 6.5mm and am currently working on funds to build a 6.5-284 on a ww2 BRNO mauser 98 action for long range varminting 2guns

Jason

Sounds cool.2thumbs Post a pic when you get it done.2guns

Back