2750 F - Is that good for CPM154? <eek!>

Knifemaker.ca

Dealer - Purveyor
Nahhh - just another busted thermocouple but it scared the bejeebers outa me. :jawdrop:

The pyrometer showed temps right about where they should be, so I must have bumped the thermocouple removing the envelopes. Pushed stop and the guage started climbing - 2250 - 2380 - 2520 - 2700! Aaugh! But at the same time the pyrometer is going through 1750 - 1675 - 1650.....

Replaced the thermocouple and all is well again. That`s 2 in as many months. Did I do something to upset Mr. Karma? :)

we have thermocouples here at the office that monitor equipment temperature and we seem to go in spells. some will last 6 months, some will last 6 hours. all the thermocouples come from same source. another idea is the thermocouple itself is ok, but you fried the connecting wires.
the old sailor

Thanks Scott. Guess we've been pretty fortunate. These kilns are (IIRC) 4 and 5 years old and these are the first replacements. I did swap out the thermocouple on my pyrometer a year or two back. They're cheap and easy to replace too so I sure can't complain. You should have seen the look on my face though, when I saw the numbers skyrocketing on the RM III. :what!:

Rob!

Back