my latest (kukri)

N

ncm

All right I so far I haven't poasted any of my work....I'v been to busy admiring all of you guys' work. This kukri is nearly compleat just need to finish the handle. It is laser etched "verdict" which is the nickname of one of my closest friends for whom this is being made for.

Attachments

• DSCN1062.jpg
    DSCN1062.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131
Nice looking knife. What kind of steel and what are the dimensions? What are you going to use for the handle?

Oh, MAN! Just keep on showing your work, and I'll pick up my little toys and go home... :D That's really fantastic, your friend** is very lucky. I'm interested in all the following particulars too - handle, sheath, etc. Have to see it!

Is this forged or stock removal? And all Denton's questions. I need to know more! 2thumbs

----------------

**I'm not telling any of my friends that knifemakers do stuff like this for their buddies. No freakin way.

sorry I took so long to reply.
steel - 440c
blade - 12"
Tang- 5"
Handle - black canvas micarta
I do most of my sheath out of kydex...not sure on this one, I think I will do some leather work on this one.

so im very new at this.. i was wondering... do you guys actually hammer that beautiful blade out of a peace of stainless?
or do you heat treat it...im sorry for the stupid question hahaha i love kuks ive got a whole bunch of them that i bought...
but im sure you guys share the feeling that... having them its not enough...you have to make them yourself

Back