Evenheat Artisan 688 ? for Boss Dog

Plas62

The Artisan 688 is one of the ovens I'm considering buying, since I plan to make mainly folders and smaller fixed blades I believe this should be the perfect size and the 110 voltage means I won't have to spend extra money running 230 vac circuts in my shop. On to my question

According to Evenheats website this unit has a max temp of 2000 degrees. I ran across an old thread where you (Boss Dog) give instructions on how to reset the max temp on a unit shipped incorrectly programmed from the factory. You state in the instructions to reset max to 2200 degs was this a typo or can the unit actually be ran at 2200 degrees.

Here is link to the thread I'm referring to.

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?17784-Artisan-688-Rampmaster-Trouble&highlight=artisan

Question for any Artisan 688 owners how do you like the unit? Any issues or buyers remorse.

I will need to check with Evenheat if they lowered the max temp on this unit. I worked with them recently on reprogramming the EPROM on a ramp speed bug with this unit and not sure if a new max temp got slipped in there.

Thanks for the reply Boss, were you able to get any feedback from Evenheat on this question. If it has been downgraded is it possible to order it with the heater it needs to hit 2200 degrees?

I checked and it set to max at 2000F.
if you need a hotter furnace, you will need to get a different model.

Back