A SNAKEWOOD CUSTOM

Geoff bosworth

Hi ya folks:) thought i would show you the latest knife to come outa the workshop. I did a filework tutorial over on uk blades, its also here on the tutorial section:D, its the first time ive worked with snakewood and man is it hard :eek: ive decided to give it to my nephew for chrimbo:D should keep him happy while he s fishing.
The blade is made from 01, handle pins are 6mm countersunk stainless tubes, three different types of filework, horseshoe, diamond, and wisp, ivory coloured liners.
Cheers folks
Geoff.
Snakewoodandfilework2042.jpg

Snakewoodandfilework2050.jpg

Snakewoodandfilework2030.jpg

Snakewoodandfilework2024.jpg

Snakewoodandfilework2023.jpg

Cheers for looking in folks:p

Geoff that's beautiful! Serious filework, and one of the best finishes I've ever seen. I really like the liners and tube pins. Man that's so nicely done it's setting me off for a perfect day in the shop. Thank you!

That is one beautiful knife Geoff. I'm jealous. Your work is exceptional:).

Terry

That is a beautiful knife Geoff . The snakewood looks great. The file work looks really nice.

Geoff, awesome work as usual. Saw the filework tutorial and the one on filling the filework, very well done and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Uh hmm, I think I may be a long lost nephew on on your cousin's, mother's, friend's brother's side, twice removed.:D

Finish

Geoff...
How did you finish the handle. Just polish..?? Nice by the way. The filework looks like a snake from the top.

Geoff, awesome work as usual. Saw the filework tutorial and the one on filling the filework, very well done and helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Uh hmm, I think I may be a long lost nephew on on your cousin's, mother's, friend's brother's side, twice removed.:D
Are you sure bruce my family are originaly from the emerald isles :haha:

Geoff.

Hi ya john, i had the snakewood hanging around the house for a couple of years, i had no idea it would turn out to look this good, takes one hell of a shine when buffed2thumbs

Geoff.

Back