Raymond Richard's "Pacific Northwest Bowie"

ddavelarsen

Check out page 41 in the Feb 2010 issue of Blade magazine - there's an article about Blade Show West where Ray's beautiful knife graces the top line. Beautiful knife, and it sounds like a fantastic show. I sure with I lived in paradise like everyone else. :)

The special part of Ray's knife is that 100% of its sale price goes to orphans of Uganda via Ukids organization. That's the kind of man Raymond Richard is; he's all heart (and feet :D).

Way to go brother, and congratulations!

I just read that. Raymond is good people! I see on page 44 that our own Shane Atwood won "Best New Maker" Congrats Shane!! Very well deserved. I should know too because I have 2 of his knives.

I'm not surprised Ray's work is displayed in Blade, given his beautiful work. Congratulations on your fine work and donation, Ray!

And congratulations to Shane Atwood, too!

Those are nicer pic than the magazine showed, and a lot more info. Beautiful knife! Congratulations Ray, and thanks for your generosity to those kids.

This knife has been on my website for a good year and a half and still no takers. I thought winning an award with it might help it sell but still no interest. Maybe its time is near.

Good job Ray. If it is any encouragement we had no hunter trafic this season and the Christmas seaon is looking bleak as I only have one order for Christmas. And we are open 7 days a week.

Hey Ray,

Man I sure wish I had $1000 to invest in a beaut like that! It'd be a GREAT investment for my son, although I've got to admit I'd be more interested in a hunter style. There only seem to be a couple available on your website though. (If'n I had money that is.)

Quick question, where's you maker's mark? Did I ask you this before on another knife? Did you tell me on the spine? If you did, or will, what's it say?

All the best, Phil

Hey Ray,

Man I sure wish I had $1000 to invest in a beaut like that! It'd be a GREAT investment for my son, although I've got to admit I'd be more interested in a hunter style. There only seem to be a couple available on your website though. (If'n I had money that is.)

Quick question, where's you maker's mark? Did I ask you this before on another knife? Did you tell me on the spine? If you did, or will, what's it say?

All the best, Phil

Phil,

I'm not Ray, but have had the privilege of handling a ton of his knives, most of which are marked on the spine. Ray likes the discreet mark, as opposed to a large detracting one on the flat of the blade.

Phil,

I'm not Ray, but have had the privilege of handling a ton of his knives, most of which are marked on the spine. Ray likes the discreet mark, as opposed to a large detracting one on the flat of the blade.

Plus the mark on the spine is much easier to fix if it happens to come out backwards. Something I have never done, maybe never caught.

Back