Votes: 6 13.0%
  • #3 - PVC with printed perm. label

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • #4 - We don't need no stinking baggges

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters

Les Voorhies

Badge Boss Admin Dog Catcher
OK I need to offer some badge options and explain them as best I can. The design is not set yet so we're only talking about the type of badge that we'll have. I learned a lot about making badges in a short period of time tonight, I'll list some of them and explain some of the differences and I hope everyone who is interested in a badge will read through this and vote in the poll.

#1 - PVC plastic card professionally printed, these have not been fully explored yet but from what I'm seeing theu will cost between $6 (optimistically) and maybe up to $10 or more. They look very good but organizing enough people to get a quantity discount and arranging payment, ect... might be difficult.

#2 - laminated cards, these are card stock badges laminated with plastic. This is probably the cheapest option but requires equipment purchase, badges would cost $2 - $3

#3 - printed badge labels on 30mil pvc cards, This is the best compromise I think. The one drawback to this option is the cost of the labels, the permanent attach labels are almost $200 for 500 labels but if we did 2 sided badges then that would only make 250 badges. these could be offered with the option of being one sided or 2 sided, the second side could be a horizontal wear option that would have 2 holes and could be worn horizontal or vertical, or it could be for forum owners titles, knifemaker titles, silver or gold membership titles, ect... These would run $3 - $4

There is another option but I can't seem to get the info I need without ordering it, I can't find out if it's plastic or paper (I searched hard) so for right now it's not really an option.

So please vote if you are interested in a badge or think you might be in the future and comment if you have a comment or idea.

Last edited:
When you wear a $1000 suit at a show, you probably won't also be wearing a cap or a T!!! I'm cool

:D ;)

(of course I'd be more comfortable in the shirt and hat though! :) )

Personally, so long as the badge looks pretty official/professional and doesn't cost everybody an arm and a leg, I'd be happy.

When you wear a $1000 suit at a show, you probably won't also be wearing a cap or a T!!! I'm cool

:D ;)

(of course I'd be more comfortable in the shirt and hat though! :) )

Personally, so long as the badge looks pretty official/professional and doesn't cost everybody an arm and a leg, I'd be happy.

That is why I dont wear a suit to the show! :bud:

Guess we've never met Les ;) :D

Even if you're wearing a $65 sport coat from Sears, you'll probably won't be wearing a T shirt or a baseball hat. Unless you're from Arkansas...:p

Okay, before I get painted as the classroom snob here... I just wanna say I was kidding around (a little).

I do have three very high end suits that I wear when standing behind my table. I feel it's part of the way I want to project myself, and part of dealing with the level of knife I'm trying to sell.

I'm just not gonna wear a T or cap with a suit, and thought a nice, professional badge would look good... especially like at Blade when it could be put below the show badge.

Based on the poll results though, it doesn't look like too many folks want badges anyway. :)

I think I might have to back off what I said, Gene Shadley wears a suit all the time (I suspect he might wear a suit in his shop) and if anyone I know wore a $1000 suit it would be Gene but I wouldn't know a $1000 suit from a $100 suit.

Alright, if we're done discussing clothing we can get back on subject. I see quite a few votes for no badges but I haven't hear anyone say why, wassup people?

Lot's of guys won't want an ID badge. Probably the majority. I knew that going in. I don't wear Tshirts but most every one else I know does. (no pockets for my phone and reading glasses)
We will keep plowing ahead for those that do....

Tracy I just designed your badge on a site that prints the plastic I.D. badges, sofar ofr a one sided badge it's $12, If I can figure out what to do with the back of it you might get a badge in the main someday :)

Back