ATTENTION Folder makers

JAWilliams

KNIFEMAKER
Hey guys is there someone who would do a tutorial or a couple of you that would do tutorials on how to do folders? Or maybe the making of a slip joint and framelock? It would be very nice to see what all goes into making one. Or if someone knows of some links that we could get up in the tutorial sub forum that would be nice. It would be great if we could get someone from KD so we could ask questions right here and all benefit. Thanks, James

Last edited:
I think Ryan Minchew did one it could have been in another forum though. But he is a member on this one maybe he could put his up

Ryan has a great WIP here Im going to put another one up this weekend for the slippie that Im making for KD 2010 Blade fund.

Sean

I would love to see a WIP/Tutorial on a frame lock, liner lock that could be done withOUT all the precision equipment, I know that would probably require lots of hand sanding, but what else I am I going to do? Sleep? Yah, right. I was working on a guard and handle til 2 a.m. this morning. I guess what I'm saying is a low tech way to build one for us bone heads and less fortunate to not have a surface grinder, mills, etc... I know there are some smart guys out there that have figured this out. Maybe not the most precise fit up but still smooth opening, functional, and beautiful. That'll be so cool!!
Thanks, Rex

Ed Caffrey just did a tutorial on flippers right here on KD in his forum!!!

It's really well done and informative...

Back