Happy Veteran's Day

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
To my brothers and sisters in arms, today we recognize the commitment you have made and the sacrifice you and your families have endured in service to our great nation. For those who came before us, thank you for establishing the standard and paving the way. For those who stand beside me, I've got your 6. Keep your head on a swivel and keep moving forward we'll win this fight together.

Last edited:
I have never been in the service, but am eternally thankful for the freedoms those who have served have provided for me. A big thank you to any one in uniform.

God Bless our Veterans!!! And thanks for fighting for the greatest country in the World;)

Thank you to all the service members past and present. Words cannot describe the depth of gratitude you deserve.
Semper Fi
Jonathan.

Veteran's Day

Very well put, Murph. This day is set aside to honor our Veteran's who have served their country, or are serving their country, without question or complaint - but rather because their country asked them to. When you enter into the Armed Forces you are, in effect, signing a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to and including your life. Without those brave young men and women who are willing to do this our country would not be our country. May God bless those who have signed this check past and present. BUT this day should not just be called Veteran's Day. It should be called Veteran's and their Mothers and Fathers and their spouses and their children's Day. A person in the service knows what they face, where they are going and what they must do. Their families do not. Their families can only hope and pray. Spouses must become head of household when a serviceman is deployed. Children must go without their daddy or mommy. Mothers must cry themselves to sleep with worry. Fathers, although very proud, must hide the fact that they, too, cry for their sons and daughters. Please take a moment today to give thanks to EVERYONE who has given so much to this country. Say a kind word to those families who have given just as much if not more. All gave some - some gave all.

Last edited:
a day to honor all who served , lets not forget those poor young men and women and a few older ones who perished at Ft Hood . It breaks my heart that someone would do that . Say a prayer for their families who are suffering . I did 30 as a squid and would do it again if they would take my old butt, right now .!!

I can't say it better than has already been said.... God Bless our Troops! Thank you for doing what you do....so the rest of us can do what we do! Your honor, courage, and sacrifice now, and throughout our history have made this nation what it is! THANK YOU!!!

Thank you Veterans and serving soldiers for your commitment, service, and sacrifice. We don't tell you often enough...THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!

Allow me to throw in my own thanks for my fellow veterans past and present.

My time in the Army taught me to use weapons.

My time since has taught me to never put them down.

101st ABN DIV (90-92)

Greetings Gentlemen. In honor of Veteran's day, I would like to direct your attention to this You Tube video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tNuyeEyQkM"]YouTube- A Pittance of Time[/ame]

God Bless our Vets and America

God Bless all you guys/gals that have fought for us and our freedom.

A big thanks to all of you from the Martin/Bare family!!!!!

I'll probably be busy doing things around town for the parade and Vets open dinner the town holds here today & tomorrow, so I'll re-post this today.

You cant tell a Vet just by looking .

He is the cop on the beat writing you a parking ticket who spent six months in Fallujah Iraq, sweating two gallons a day,and taking sniper fire while making sure the armored personnel carrier didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth whose behavior is outweighed in the cosmic scales of life by four hours of frozen, unselfish, startling bravery near the 38th Parallel in Korea.

She is the nurse who fought against futility in Da Nang and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years.

He is the man who wont stand in front of the crowd, because of a night he walked point in 1967.

He is the POW who left one person and came back another,forever.

He is the drill instructor who has never been in combat, but has saved countless lives by turning no-account punks into Soldiers
He is the parade-riding legionnaire who proudly pins on his ribbons and medals from battles forgotten by others, with a prosthetic hand.

He is the white-haired guy bagging groceries at the supermarket, aggravatingly slow, who once helped liberate a Nazi death camp.

A vet is an ordinary and extraordinary human being , someone who offered his life's vital years in the service of his country.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

We will never be able to repay the debt of gratitude we owe.

Thanks: Pop, Uncle BZ, Uncle John, Uncle Earl, Tony & Benny Little, Friends and forever brothers from Moyock, Rover 218 sqd, Jaxson B, Mr Teddy Price, Mr Tony Cannon,Mr Don Hall, Brother Reuther, All of the KnifeDogs who served former or currently. And all my cousins and friends who served in both war & peace,and all those we've lost.
Ooh-Rah happy 234th birthday to my Marine pals as well.

And lest we forget= There are also the families who have loved, lost, grieved and taken care of the babies and loved ones left behind.
There are none of us who aren't touched by this holiday and I am ashamed that it isn't given the same regard that some of the other "stupid" but "politically correct" holidays are.
Thank you Pop for instilling such a sense of justice in me. Thank you to all Veterans and writers of our Constitution for giving us the tools to make this the greatest country in the world.
Remember....and be Proud!
Today- stop one on the street and shake a hand, you dont need to speak at all really.
Just let them know.

Very well put, Murph. This day is set aside to honor our Veteran's who have served their country, or are serving their country, without question or complaint - but rather because their country asked them to. When you enter into the Armed Forces you are, in effect, signing a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to and including your life. Without those brave young men and women who are willing to do this our country would not be our country. May God bless those who have signed this check past and present. BUT this day should not just be called Veteran's Day. It should be called Veteran's and their Mothers and Fathers and their spouses and their children's Day. A person in the service knows what they face, where they are going and what they must do. Their families do not. Their families can only hope and pray. Spouses must become head of household when a serviceman is deployed. Children must go without their daddy or mommy. Mothers must cry themselves to sleep with worry. Fathers, although very proud, must hide the fact that they, too, cry for their sons and daughters. Please take a moment today to give thanks to EVERYONE who has given so much to this country. Say a kind word to those families who have given just as much if not more. All gave some - some gave all.
Well Said......

Attachments

• graphic1.jpg
    graphic1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 5
Back