Proto M.U.C. (Mello Utility Combat)

Jake Mello

Thought I would post some pic's and see what you all thought. Thanks for looking. Comment's welcome.2thumbs

Proto M.U.C. (Mello Utility Combat)

OAL: 7.875"

Blade Length: 3.5"

Steel: Stonewashed 1095

Handle Material: Blk/OD G-10

Attachments

• Proto MUC 007.jpg
    Proto MUC 007.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Proto MUC 008.jpg
    Proto MUC 008.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Proto MUC 009.jpg
    Proto MUC 009.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Proto MUC 011.jpg
    Proto MUC 011.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 27
I have a little time with the previous proto, which is roughly the same design except without thumb grooves. The hollow grind is fairly thin, but it enabled me to get a hair shaving edge. It gets a bit thicker toward the tip to make it tougher/less prone to breaking. This thing is a slicing machine, and so far edge holding has been very good. Mine has the G10 scales going all the way to the butt, but this new one should allow for a better glass breaker. It does not look like it will affect the grip at all. With the index finger cutout, it allows for a very firm grip even in the wet. Mine fits snugly in the kydex with a nice snap as I deploy the knife. I like the molle lock for my flying bug-out-bag, but you could easily install a tek-lock or nothing for a pack knife. I like the stone wash (first time for me), because it hides reminders of it being used. I'm a big fan of bead blast finishes on combat knives, but think I like this better. It limits reflection, but is smoother and doesn't have those tiny pits...better for cleaning. It looks cool too!

Not everyone needs a full on fighter here in the desert, and this is a good example of a very useful tool...and it will even spread peanut butter from those throw away one serving tubs. The clip of the blade on the back side of the spine is a natural spreader 2thumbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's everyone for the comment's. And thank you Deano for the insightful review. I think I have a few more minor details to work out and this one might become one of my regulars.2thumbs

Thank's,

Mr. Mello Yellow:p

Back