5th Knife. Silver wire inlay

Josh Dabney

This knife and sheath was made specifically as my exchange knife for the BF Christmas KITH

Specs. of my 5th knife

Knife- 1080 carbon steel Stock Removal Method
4" cutting edge
9 1/16" Overall length
Tapered Tang
Distal Taper
Full height flat grind
Hand rubbed to 500 grit
Hand sharpened on stones and stropped for easy sharpening
Curly Maple scales with copper liners
Mirror image silver wire inlay with SS pins

Sheath- 8-9 ounce vegetable tanned body dyed Saddle Tan
fully lined with pigskin lining leather
Relief carved and tooled body and belt loop with black backround
Belt loop to fit 1 1/2" belt
Mexican Basketwaeve lacing

KITHknife017.jpg

KITHknife023.jpg

KITHknife024.jpg

KITHknife025.jpg

KITHknife026.jpg

This is the first knife that has a J. DABNEY makers mark.

Please let me know what you guys think, -Josh

Why don't we just swap knives now Josh! That inlay is great!
I'll get some pic's of mine when I get a battery for the big camera.

If ya'll think the pictures look good you should see it in person :D

Josh I didn't know that killer sheath was going with this one, what a great combo 2thumbs

Rusty,

I sure wouldn't be disappointed if we did swap, LOL. Hmmmm, or maybe with Bruce, LOL. This is the fun part I think. The anticipation is great !

-Josh

Josh you've out done yourself. This is some sweet art work. Keep it up, youre onto something wonderful. Thanks for putting your heart into your knives.

Josh, you do beautiful work. The knife is awesome and the sheath is awesomer (?) The combination, with the inlay reflected in the sheath is the awesomest!

Great work as usual Josh. That is one beautiful knife.
I know anyone would be proud to own that knife. 2thumbs
Proud of you son. :D

Awesome job on both knife and sheath, Josh!!! Makes me want to take the one I'm trying to finish for the KITH and smash it into a bunch of pieces...it just seems so inadequate in comparison.

Congrats on the maker's mark as well. If I do submit a blade, I sure would love to receive yours in exchange.

Paul

Great job Josh. That looks like one heck of a knife! Heck, if you're in the giving spirit, just send it my way. I'd be darn proud to own that one.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, compliments, and positve reinforcement. It is greatly appreciated ! It is of course always a good thing to hear that folks like your work :)

It is a great knife and sheath and I'm very proud of it. Learned a few things during construction. But I can still pick it apart no problem, LOL. Perhaps I'm my own worst critic.

Thanks again everyone, Josh

Back