Two knives i just finished

papi

Hello everyone,
i took some pics of two knives i put finishing touches on this morning.
The first one is ladder damascus, ladder mocume and tiger coral. This is the first time i worked with tiger coral, and it's even better than apple coral. Works nicely, and is even less porous than the apple. Only problem with these is the design. The red coral is hard to put on a knife and not to overdo it, just because of the color. The tiger is even tougher, because there is the pattern, that looks good on the coral itself, but when you put it next to something, it often becomes too busy. Hopefully i didn't f..k up too bad with my design...
IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

The second one is a new model, Shrir. It was made to replace the automatic with MOP in my top five, cause the auto is on its way to a new owner. Hopefully Wilkes won't want this one too :)
It's all blue damascus, with inlaid lock, blued titanium pivot screws, thumbstud and backbar. There are goldlip pearl cabochons in pivot and thumbstud.
It's quite hard to catch the color on them, but at least i tried :)
IMG_4054.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think, any comments will be appreciated :)

Take care,
Ondrej 'papi' Berkus

WOW, Beautiful knives! I think you did very well with the Tiger Coral, it is a very nice combo with the mokume. Patterns don't seem to clash at all to me.
Really like your filework too.
The blued damascus knife has a really nice flow/look to it, just the right amount of embellishment too.
Well done!2thumbs

Thanks guys, i'm glad you like the knives:)

I noticed that the coral knife has a blade and backbar smudged with oil, i'm sorry for that. Always forget at least one thing. Luckily i didn't forget to put the blade in the knife :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the handle on the Shrir one is SICK! It flows, flows and flows!

Those look great! I think the coral worked very well with the subtle tones of all the materials. I really like that blued damascus knife! The pearl sets it off beautifully. That's some very clean work, thanks for sharing.

Back