Hunting rifles and shotguns show your stuff

CVA .308, sweet shooter.

DSC00462.jpg

Husquvarna

This is my Husquvarna 30-06, bolt action, I bought it used about 30 years ago, I dont know how old it is. I cant remember how many deer I've killed with it, I know 19 of them were 8 point's, one 9 point, still looking for a 10 point. I've carried this gun so long it's like an extension of my right arm, I love it I will use it untill die.

Last edited:
Double Guns and Kitties

attachment.php

Top is a Merkel African in .470 Nitro Express.
Bottom is William Evans .450/400 Nitro built in London in 1911.

The .450 is a little easier to shoot (less permanent brain damage), but shells for both are creeping up to $300 a box for 20, so they don't get shot much.

Cat was taken in the Kalahari on the Botswana/RSA border.

Thanks for looking.
Steve

Last edited:
My wood chuck gun. Mosin nagant 91/30 with a free float barrel.

huntingrifle001.jpg

The 7.62x54r compared to the .22 I used to use.
huntingrifle002.jpg

I need to order some lead core's next spring cause these steel core bullets just go right though the wood chuck. But at $.25 each I cant complain.

Nice Doubles.One of my best customer's collects those and I am making him some new slings for Africa.Dave:)

How about "spot" hunting?:D

Here is a load I worked up for my swap rifle. Most of the barrels are either Obermeyer, Douglas or Kreiger. This is at 300 yards with about a 5 mph diagonal left to right headwind with a load that I worked up. I had my Obermeyer 1-10T .308 barrel screwed in. I am going to leave this load alone now. It is a tack driver.yea!:D

300yards.jpg

Swapgun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My custom falling block muzzle loader, my father and I made. based on a exploded view of a Steven's 44-1/2. .50 cal shooting 300 gr Hornady SST's through a 1-15 twist Shilen barrell. I use a duplex load of 47 grains of H4227 and 15gr of Triple 7 to get everything going. Ignited by a 209 primer.

5652_126068660241_625615241_3036259_5552057_n.jpg

Custom 10/22's

These are the only pics I've got of these rifles but here goes.
These guns were christmas gifts for my Neice and Nephew. I haven't done any hunting or shooting for quite a few years now but I tried to create a fun way to get the kids involved in shooting as my brother never really had any interest in guns/shootin/hunting.

Pink Rifle- I sacrificed the action from my personal 10/22 to put this together for my nieces Chrismas gift when she was 6 years old (13 now). It's got the works in the action and a crisp light trigger pull for target grade accuracy. She was small even for a 6 year old so I lightened this rifle to the max with 1" holes bored in the barrel channel and under the recoil pad. Stock cut short on both ends and a Butler Creek Carbon fiber barrel. Of course I carved in a pistol grip and refinished with pink stain.

Black Rifle- I built this rifle for my nephew 2 years ago for his Christmas gift and wanted to go all out. I was making good scratch at the time and spent nearly $900 for the complete package. Again action loaded with auto bolt release, extended mag release, competition grade trigger job, overtravel stop screw, adjustable trigger spring tension, and an extended titanium bolt release. Mated that with a Volquartsen Carbon Fiber tension barrel with compensator. SWEET ! The stock is factory re-worked with an adjustable LOP made from the bottom of a crutch. Base coat clear coat paint job featuring glitter silver and red tribal flames and his name in Old English style down the bottom of the forearm. Sweet .22 optics and complete in an aluminum hard case with bore snake solvent and rem-oil.

With this rifle he is "THE STUD" at the fish and game club and smoked his Dad and Grandpa at the clubs rimfire match winning the youth division. He loves shooting and shoots it just about every weekend during the summer so it was a worthy investment !

general057.jpg

general058.jpg

general060.jpg

-Josh :D

We can't forget the stuff that makes it go bang.2thumbs

ammo001.jpg

ammo002.jpg

Prepped or in the process of being prepped brass too. Lots to do when you shoot a lot. Can't have too many primers either.:bud:

ammo003.jpg

Anyone notice the 2 big buckets of brass?2guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Back