Im stumped for loading pictures

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
I began using a brand new canon a460 and its really giving me a bad time. It will not allow me to download pictures to the site. I have tried reformating the card, then I tried piccaso picture program it never worked, then retried camera wizard with microsoft and nope. the only thing I can figure out is the size poerpicture is to big. the old HP M637 7mp camera I have used and downloaded hundreds of pictures here by using the insert image method copy paste and done so simple. Now the old camera I had set on 5mp and the size would be around 700kb maximum this canon is 1.5mb give or take a little. I have now just shot some crap pictures downloaded them to my pictures and am going to show you a deer head some star thing from mexico and a ink cartrige and a battery . Lets see Ive up the image to 7 mb so the size should be about the same as the 5 mp canon . here goes.

It didnt work as well , now I will reduce the Mp down to 5 and see what happens. NO It didnt work I dont know whats happened ??????????????????/ I reduced the size so each picture would be like the other ones ive posted in the 500 to 700kb size the yellow exclaimation point showed up. again this is frustrating. I had some dork telemarketer phone me 3 times today telling me my computer is going to be ruined if I dont do this . he wouldnt explain I wanted to see where it was going so I played along I guess he called my wife a week ago and told her to download something she said no Im guessing its an identiy scam trying to steal personal information . I phoned our local operator then our service provider asked tec support if they could do anything he said he doubted they could do anything unless I gave them passwords and so on. Dam im upset. no pictures at all . kelly s loosing his mind please help

Last edited:
Kelly,If I understand you correct,you are not to post the pic to KD?
If the pic is too large of course I know there are settings on the camera,but this is what works for me,....Go to that Pic and right click on it,scroll down
to "open with" touch your pointer to this and another box will open to the right..move your pointer over to "paint" and click on it.The pic will open and at
the top left you should see the word "Resize" click on that,and there will be 2 boxes with 100 in both boxes,click on that 100,and change it to 50,this
has always made it small enough for me...You will then close that page out,at which time it will ask you do you want to save it,click save.You can then go back
and it should download to the site....
As I said this is very easy to do,and the only way I have ever done it..I am sure others will have something different,and may work much better for you.
Hope this will get you started

God bless

Kelly, I uploaded them to Picasa then copied the direct URL and embedded them using the [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] tags.

*Kelly's Knives*

photo%2520shoot%25202%2520003.jpg

photo%2520shoot%25202%2520010.jpg

sheath%2520covers%2520january13%2520001.jpg

Last edited:
Ok here goes again I dont understand why I can not show pictures anymore the images all get downloaded and a orange exclaimation point say s cancel or clear to continue. Ive messed something up. In the way im downloading or the way I reformated my SD card something is messed up and its simple but im not good at trouble shooting computer troubles of misstakes ive made by accident. this is the screen if it will show it I couldnt show another group of new pictures again.I cant show the screen . back to the drawing board.

Your SD card is fine, the file size may be too large. If you us use a hosting service, unclick the check mark that asks if you want to retrieve the file and make it local.

I have taken a couple crapy pictures just to see if this works again. Mike I dont know what you mean or where I go to find this check to make it LOCAL im trying 3 more pictures using picassa3.9View attachment 38151 Ok guys this is an old picture I took about a week or so ago and posted in the sheath area now . I was able to show this but any new pictures will not allow me to show them . I tried to change a setting and now that screen doesnt come up . Normally when I plug in the camera then turn on its power the computer moniter has a small screen saying would you like to use this to down load your picture there are 4 options now I cant find how to get that screen to show so I can change what ive done. I dont know what setting its on and that has to be my problem. This picture was taken with the old camera before I messed with anything. If I knew how ide change it back. On the positive note I did the update with picassa 3.9 and when I plugged the canon into the puter the picassa screen come up when I save the 2 pictures they went into my picture files as well as into the picassa program . So maybee a step in the right direction. please anyone who knows where I need to find that area on my puter to change the download format please say so thanks kellyw

Last edited:
Ok I some how found a way there changed it so it down loads to picassa now ill try again . I will be giving up soon because im getting a serious headache from all this is becoming to much lmao no it never worked again . rtwibvjweoijvpowjtrbponb

Kelly, the Box that needs to be Unchecked is under the URL option as seen in the picture below. Use this when you upload a picture to your photo host and get a direct link URL. This allows you to use larger files without uploading directly to knife dogs. The benefit of this being that you have much more storage space. The issue you are having may be attributed to reaching your storage limit at your "membership level." Using a host like picasa or photobucket will allow you more storage space and flexibility with editing. Picasa has two stages, it has a program that works directly on your computer that can automatically upload pictures into your online account from which then you can link the URL here. It also have its website where you can upload photos onto, regardless of how they are stored on your computer... then you follow the same protocol to post your picture using the URL function or the [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] tags.

Fullscreen%2520capture%25201312013%252064657%2520AM.jpg

Check to see if you have enough space by going to your settings and down to ATTACHMENTS on your left hand side. Click on attachments and a meter will show you just how much space you are using. From here you can delete photos to make more room or upgrade your membership level to KNIFEMAKER for more space.

screen3.png

screen2.png

View attachment 38154

Last edited:
Back